• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Paula's Trip Report

New posts
Wish we had been there at the same time again! I hope to someday have the girls meet ...yours and mine!

It does go too quickly, doesn't it?:(
 
Allifunn: Yes, I wish you had been there when we were there. We had such a good time. And it would indeed be great to have our girls meet. I had a photo of you and Tootsie and some other people from our May dinner at Amore and gave the copy to Tootsie to give to you. You look verrrry good in it! Beach life sure seems to fit you well...
 
Paula said:
It seemed "just right" to me last week. Enough people around from different areas to know it was summer vacation time, but not a zoo with backed up traffic and long lines and no parking spaces! The other place (other than the Bay bridge on July 1 coming into Destin) that was busy was Publix on Saturday evening. But that seemed no worse than our busy days here in Michigan at the supermarket.

I didn't go to the beach over the holiday, except to see fireworks at Seaside last night. But heard that Grayton Beach was jam packed with cars, tents and people on the day of the 4th. Also, we walked by the Seaside amphitheater where they were having a concert that night, and I've NEVER seen it so crowded - not an inch of space left on the entire green. Everyone certainly came out on the 4th!!!
 
Tootsie: Your description is more what I had expected even last week (even though I knew the 4th would be busier). It will be interesting to see how busy is is after this week. I assume some families are staying for more than the 4th of July week, and July may be a particularly busy month. But, I won't see SoWal until August -- I'm really just curious for myself and for our renters' experience.
 
Hey Miss Paula,

Sorry I missed you this trip. Maybe we can "Apres" during your next visit!
 
We are well into our second week and having a great time, too. We're staying in Grayton Beach and the weather has been fantastic. Kids have enjoyed the beach, kayaking, swimming in the pool. Yesterday we took a day trip to Indian Pass and snorkeled in St. Joe Bay with a friend of ours who lives in Apalachiacola. Saw starfish, stingrays, tons of fish, sponge...unbelievable!

Thinking about going out to dinner tonight...anyone know who is playing at Sea Bar?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top