• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Paula's Trip Report

New posts
Paula, thank you for your trip report. It is nice to see what everyone else does while they are in paradise. I will be writing my report week after next!!! YEAH.
 
It seemed "just right" to me last week. Enough people around from different areas to know it was summer vacation time, but not a zoo with backed up traffic and long lines and no parking spaces! The other place (other than the Bay bridge on July 1 coming into Destin) that was busy was Publix on Saturday evening. But that seemed no worse than our busy days here in Michigan at the supermarket.
 
Solace at Rosemary Beach ($85). We'll be checking out all the spas along 30A over the next year to see which ones we like the best in terms of atmosphere and the massage itself. I've heard there's a spa at Watercolor and one at Blue Mountain Beach (that people on this board higly recommend). We'll try one of those at the end of the summer and then another in the fall. We come down with family so it's likely that we'll do multiple massages (I see a family tradition in the making...). Once we've been to them all, we'll be able to pick our favorite place.
 
Hi Cork. I enjoyed our time together very much as well. The time did fly by for sure. It's always so good to see you (seems like we've known each other a long time, but it has really only been two months!). See you at the end of summer.
 
Paula said:
It seemed "just right" to me last week. Enough people around from different areas to know it was summer vacation time, but not a zoo with backed up traffic and long lines and no parking spaces! The other place (other than the Bay bridge on July 1 coming into Destin) that was busy was Publix on Saturday evening. But that seemed no worse than our busy days here in Michigan at the supermarket.

Paula, we managed to visit during a relatively good time a few weeks back. I was actually surprised at the lack of crowds (other than our Saturday evening visit to Publix.) One day I walked the beach from Seacrest to the far west end of Watersound and was amazed at how few people were out.
 
Lindabobhat: I think in general the Seacrest/east end of 30A area is still quite calm, though who knows in the future with Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Villages of South Walton, and other communities. For now, though, I'm thoroughly enjoying the relative calm. Frankly, there seem to still be many quiet areas along 30A despite the pockets of busy-ness. I would have felt just fine (not crowded) and relaxed anywhere on 30A last week (though we didn't try to eat out much at peak times which is where it was probably busy). Can't say for this week since it's a holiday week. It may be that it's not as busy as usual this year.

I heard from some friends though that it was a great time with a good crowd at the Fonville Press wine and appetizer event on Friday night. Wish we could have gone but we got too tired and had to pack to (sadly) leave on Saturday morning.
 
Paula said:
Lindabobhat: I think in general the Seacrest/east end of 30A area is still quite calm, though who knows in the future with Rosemary Beach, Alys Beach, Villages of South Walton, and other communities. For now, though, I'm thoroughly enjoying the relative calm. Frankly, there seem to still be many quiet areas along 30A despite the pockets of busy-ness. I would have felt just fine (not crowded) and relaxed anywhere on 30A last week (though we didn't try to eat out much at peak times which is where it was probably busy). Can't say for this week since it's a holiday week. It may be that it's not as busy as usual this year.

I heard from some friends though that it was a great time with a good crowd at the Fonville Press wine and appetizer event on Friday night. Wish we could have gone but we got too tired and had to pack to (sadly) leave on Saturday morning.

Oh, I really enjoyed the east end very much (even though most of the other Sowallers in town the same week as me were over in Grayton, which I also loved.) I honestly could be happy staying almost anywhere along 30A. I love how each town has a slightly different feel, and much like you, didn't feel like anywhere was too crowded or bustling. I liked it so much more than Destin.

I would really like to make "Apres Beach" night as well next visit. Sounds like such a nice way to end the week! And I'm so glad you and your girls enjoyed your trip!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top