• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

PCB not so stupid now...

New posts
I see that it is posted on the Realtors' personal website, but it is coming from the Chamber of Commerce, according to the two people on SoWal.com/bb who reported receiving the email. Many Realtors post information from their local Chamber or County, on their website. So, I am not sure that I understand your post of pointing out that someone posted it on their website. I'm not sure which "case" the attorneys whom supposedly passed out the information, are handling. That is a vague response to the question in their comment.

And here it is again on the blog from the "Managing Broker for the PCB west end office of Coldwell Banker" http://realtorreviewer.blogspot.com/2008/01/tests-in-leadership.html

Tell me, do Realtors actually believe the stuff they print on their blogs? :confused:


.
 
If the statement is coming directly from the Chamber of Commerce, should it be considered lies or rumor?

I'm floored that no one would even question this. Closing of VPS in 2 years is HUGE!

It must be something that they put in the kool-aid during their monthly Chamber of Commerce meetings.

PCB CHAMBER OF COMMERCE MEETING PHOTO

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:
:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:


.
 
Last edited:
As I said earlier, I was informed that the closing of VPS would not be until after the new road from Niceville to Freeport was completed, so I do question the date of closure being 2010. The PCB airport, if there are no more hold ups with the construction, will be opening in 2010, but with delays, it may take longer, so I really question 2010. Maybe that is when the lease is over, but maybe they will extend it.
 
From what I can tell, the PCB Chamber sent the email to everyone on their list, not just to Realtors. My source doesn't speak only to Realtors regarding the happs. Whether or not VPS closes should have no effect on real estate in PCB, so I don't know why that would be important for those guys. It will also not have any effect on the PCB new airport being built, so really, it shouldn't matter to anyone Realtors other than those working in the VPS area.

I'll see if I can get any info out of another contact, high on a list, and see if he knows anything about VPS, on Monday.
 
Why are they only letting Realtors know this stuff?
.

I am not a realtor, although I do hold a FL real estate sales associate license, and was once a member of ECAR.

I am not vouching for the accuracy of the email, only sharing it as I received it. You can get an idea of who received the email by visiting the membership section of the PCB Chamber website.
 
Last edited:
At minimum, the FWB bypass is a twenty year project. (and probably far further out than that) First, in order to get base land, it's not just a matter of getting approval from Bob Arnold or whoever's base commander. It has to go all the way to the Pentagon. It took something like 10-15 years of active lobbying on the part of Okaloosa County to get permission to relocate the Ocean City sewer plant onto base land, and that's a far smaller footprint than a highway would be.

And then after that, the envrionmental review is, to put it politely, going to be extremely extremely messy because there is genuinely a lot of verifiable endangered species habitat along the road right of ways. Far more complex than what you got for the new airport, and it will push back actual construction of the project for a couple more years.

And then there's the matter of funding. Currently the state doesn't have enough money to fund projects much higher on the priority list than this road would be, and the private road builders are likely a little skittish after the Bo's Bridge fiasco. (The Garcon Point Bridge in Gulf Breeze which is essentially insolvent) The Mid Bay BA wouldn't want to add that project to their list at this time when they've got other projects going on that are more relevant to their core product- Niceville bypass and second span.

If there are some sort of super sekrit long term plans to close VPS that are tied to the new road, you're probably looking at 2040 or later as a time frame.
 
I see that one of the optional plans includes four-laning hwy 20, rather than creating a new limited access road. Maybe they are planning the contingencies, based on some of the things you mention, beachmouse.

Does anyone on here have a way of seeing the current lease agreement between VPS and Eglin AFB?
 
Seems like it would be relatively straightforward to do a Sunshine Laws request with Okaloosa County in order to get most of the agreement. (I can understand if they wanted to black out conditions of the lease related to airport security)

As for SR 20, any sort of widening/rebuilding probably should go inland anyways because the road is very vulnerable to hurricane washouts and in order to minimize impact on the small communities along parts of the road.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top