A cold week at the beach but had some great sunsets and lots of good food and drink.
Condo market is still in a word, dismal.
It was surreal. We have some buildings we like and the prices in several of them fell to new lows the week of our stay.
Worst story I heard (and there is no shortage of horror storys all down the strip). A fellow bought a couple of condos as an investment in 2004. He had made over $100,000 (on paper) by 2005 and thought he had found a sure fire way to make money. He bought 13 condos in 2005. He is of course hoplessly underwater and all 15 condos are on the market. I got all this from the realtor listing all his condos.
I looked at one he bought for $635,000 in 2005 and is now listed for $325,000. The last two sales in his building for the same unit were for $275,000. Ouch!
Unfortunately for PCB, there is still a large number of new condos in the pipline coming online later this year. They have got a HUGE inventory already.
JMHO,
Flyguy
Condo market is still in a word, dismal.
It was surreal. We have some buildings we like and the prices in several of them fell to new lows the week of our stay.
Worst story I heard (and there is no shortage of horror storys all down the strip). A fellow bought a couple of condos as an investment in 2004. He had made over $100,000 (on paper) by 2005 and thought he had found a sure fire way to make money. He bought 13 condos in 2005. He is of course hoplessly underwater and all 15 condos are on the market. I got all this from the realtor listing all his condos.
I looked at one he bought for $635,000 in 2005 and is now listed for $325,000. The last two sales in his building for the same unit were for $275,000. Ouch!
Unfortunately for PCB, there is still a large number of new condos in the pipline coming online later this year. They have got a HUGE inventory already.
JMHO,
Flyguy
