• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

PCB Update

New posts
It will be interesting to see the rental numbers crunched for a low end purchase, assuming a lowest case rent because of all the competition.
 
Shelly, Yes he is paying all the carrying costs on the condos. He apparently has too many other assets to walk away from these. But all of his condos are listed as "short sales".

ToofarTampa, I think PCB will be the best buy for what I want. Full frontal gulf front for use in Sep/Oct and Apr/May. Rent in the summer. I know the SoWal crowd mostly has a different opinion but I like PCB. Always have.

SmilingJoe, You are correct in that it is never as bad as you think or as good as you think. There are always pluses and minuses.

JMHO,
Flyguy
 
Shelly, Yes he is paying all the carrying costs on the condos. He apparently has too many other assets to walk away from these. But all of his condos are listed as "short sales".

ToofarTampa, I think PCB will be the best buy for what I want. Full frontal gulf front for use in Sep/Oct and Apr/May. Rent in the summer. I know the SoWal crowd mostly has a different opinion but I like PCB. Always have.

SmilingJoe, You are correct in that it is never as bad as you think or as good as you think. There are always pluses and minuses.

JMHO,
Flyguy

I wasn't trying to slam PCB, I just was thinking that SoWal will probably stabilize before PCB does. And since SoWal hasn't yet, I would agree with SHELLY that now is NOT the time, unless you find one of those aforementioned properties at 40 cents on the dollar. Good luck!
 
Now the PCB condo market is one thing, but do you guys really see prices of detached homes in SoWal, on average, coming down in price, 60% off the highs of 2005? If they did, I'd be buying a new house, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.
 
Now the PCB condo market is one thing, but do you guys really see prices of detached homes in SoWal, on average, coming down in price, 60% off the highs of 2005? If they did, I'd be buying a new house, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

No.
 
a couple of comments...

1. i dont get piers...from p'cola and we have one...whats the point really...fishing? its really just a large obstruction in an otherwise beautiful body of water. i guess people like to walk on them...worthless...just my opinion.

2. opinion: i think the best area to buy is the west end of pcb before u get to 30A so the area south of wild heron and south of 98. it is a beautiful beach there and u are sandwhiched btw 30A and PCB. some decent houses trading pretty cheap...not saying now is the time to buy, i think there is more pain to come and there is no fear of housing prices increasing. but if you had a gun to my head and forced me to buy in the area thats where i would set my sights.

have a good weekend everyone :)
 
Too Far,
Why would you possibly think sowal is immune from what's going on in other coastal areas? There will always be a market for ultra high end (Rosemary, Seaside, Alys, Watercolor, etc) but the rest is fair game.
 
1. i dont get piers...from p'cola and we have one...whats the point really...fishing? its really just a large obstruction in an otherwise beautiful body of water. i guess people like to walk on them...worthless...just my opinion.

You got it, fishing. Not everyone has a boat, and they are great places to catch ling, kings and sharks. I grew up fishing the piers in SC, so to me they are not worthless. I guess you can walk on them, too.
 
Now the PCB condo market is one thing, but do you guys really see prices of detached homes in SoWal, on average, coming down in price, 60% off the highs of 2005? If they did, I'd be buying a new house, but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Prices of existing homes in prime locations, no, but I can see some of the bigger property albatrosses having fire sales on lot inventories, or selling out to the McBuilders and offering some very attractive prices on what are essentially tract or semi-custom homes.

In the past, Adams has bought and completed the single family build-out in relatively nice developments like Seascape, Emerald Lakes, and Maravilla. From what I remember, their part of the Emerald Lakes development had homes that were at least 30% cheaper than the truly custom part of that development.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top