• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pet Friendly Beach House??

New posts

cavbaby

Beach Comber
Hello Everyone- we are looking for a pet friendly home to rent at various times during the year- We have rented at Rosemary-- currently none of the beach front homes are PF- We also rented next to Seacrest, took the dogs, private street & gated, very nice but the AC broke in the middle of June so won't be going back there-- Would prefer something beachfront or a couple of houses back- King beds & a pool-- Any suggestions?

Thanks! :idea:
Beverly in ATL
 
Beverly

Please don't hold it against the people whose ac broke. Stuff happens. I gave our place once to friends of ours and the ac broke. As long as they tried to fix it promptly...Plus you shouldn't have to worry about it breaking down again if they just fixed it.
 
cavbaby said:
Hello Everyone- we are looking for a pet friendly home to rent at various times during the year- We have rented at Rosemary-- currently none of the beach front homes are PF- We also rented next to Seacrest, took the dogs, private street & gated, very nice but the AC broke in the middle of June so won't be going back there-- Would prefer something beachfront or a couple of houses back- King beds & a pool-- Any suggestions?

Thanks! :idea:
Beverly in ATL


Beverly,

I sent you a private message with information about our home.
 
Beachlover2 said:
Beverly

Please don't hold it against the people whose ac broke. Stuff happens. I gave our place once to friends of ours and the ac broke. As long as they tried to fix it promptly...Plus you shouldn't have to worry about it breaking down again if they just fixed it.


What Beachlover2 says is true! We bought our place and the air conditioner worked when we signed the papers. Came back the next time and it was broken. The A/C repairman said that sometimes a compressor can just fail, and it's no fault of the owner (like from a lack of maintenance, for example).

If you liked the place otherwise, why not give it a second try?
 
Mermaid said:
What Beachlover2 says is true! We bought our place and the air conditioner worked when we signed the papers. Came back the next time and it was broken. The A/C repairman said that sometimes a compressor can just fail, and it's no fault of the owner (like from a lack of maintenance, for example).

If you liked the place otherwise, why not give it a second try?

Listen to these smart ladies! A great pet friendly place is hard to find!!!
 
It's not just the fact that it wasn't working but our vacation was interrupted by having to wait on the service man 2x for several hours-(he didn't show on the first appt.) When he rescheduled for the 2nd time he said he would be there between the hours of 4-10pm and if I was going to leave to go eat dinner would I please lock my dogs in a bedroom--OK--after a horrific thunder & lightening storm I come back to (2) traumitized pets locked away in a strange house in a storm.... the guy still didn't show until 10:45pm--- when I called the office they said they had known about the problem before and thought it was fixed; sorry about the guy not showing on time "we have a lot of ac problems" can we offer you a discount on your rate? Then they never adjusted my bill :confused: Whatever---
 
cavbaby said:
It's not just the fact that it wasn't working but our vacation was interrupted by having to wait on the service man 2x for several hours-(he didn't show on the first appt.) When he rescheduled for the 2nd time he said he would be there between the hours of 4-10pm and if I was going to leave to go eat dinner would I please lock my dogs in a bedroom--OK--after a horrific thunder & lightening storm I come back to (2) traumitized pets locked away in a strange house in a storm.... the guy still didn't show until 10:45pm--- when I called the office they said they had known about the problem before and thought it was fixed; sorry about the guy not showing on time "we have a lot of ac problems" can we offer you a discount on your rate? Then they never adjusted my bill :confused: Whatever---


Well, that's a different story entirely. I'd take up Wastin Away's offer to check up on their house--it looks like a real beauty.

(Note to Wastin Away: found the chairpads, thanks to you!)
 
Mermaid said:
Well, that's a different story entirely. I'd take up Wastin Away's offer to check up on their house--it looks like a real beauty.

(Note to Wastin Away: found the chairpads, thanks to you!)

I am glad you were able to find them. Mine have made it through 2 full rent seasons. We are going down next weekend and I will see how they look. I can't tell you the last time we were down there. Like I said before, mine have washed up great. I just stick them in the washer and put them in the dryer and put them back on my chairs. I would much rather replace those than have to replace the chairs because of the seat bottoms being ruined.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top