• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

"Picking up"

New posts
Bobby J this is the first time I have posted all week. I have been very busy at work as well and feel that things are at least moving again although I do believe that it will die again. I think we are looking at 2 years for "normalcy" (just my 2 cents) It is back to real real estate. I am sure that this will weed out the agents that came in just to make a quick buck and do not know how to sell.....


Lets hope we do not get a large storm.....
 
InletBchDweller said:
Bobby J this is the first time I have posted all week. I have been very busy at work as well and feel that things are at least moving again although I do believe that it will die again. I think we are looking at 2 years for "normalcy" (just my 2 cents) It is back to real real estate. I am sure that this will weed out the agents that came in just to make a quick buck and do not know how to sell.....


Lets hope we do not get a large storm.....
My thoughts also ...
 
Unplugged said:
I sure hope you're right, Bobby J. With so many agents reading this forum, it's very interesting there aren't more posts to this thread... :idontno:

:scratch:
We are busy with customers!! :clap_1:
 
A miracle happened yesterday. :funn: I?ve had a FSBO sign on my pool-front lot in Seacrest Beach II for eleven months. Yesterday I received my first call from someone other than a Realtor trying to price a competing property. I was shocked. :lolabove:

The sad fact is that I couldn?t come up with an asking price on the spur of the moment. :idontno: Until last week I knew exactly what my price was, and it was $104,000 less than the lot next to mine. However, last week I noticed that the lot next door had been reduced for the first time in over a year. It is now listed for $35,000 less than mine.

I paid less than half of the amount that my neighbor paid and I suppose I could get into the price war, but the more I think about it that would be ridiculous. :roll: Our area is much too attractive and unique for me to get pulled into that. The next time I?m at the beach I?m going to take my sign down. Until this market settles down and there is some consistency in pricing, I?m going to keep what I have. I?ve been through these cycles in Florida for over 40 years and it?s always paid to wait ? if you can possibly do it. I agree with Bobby?s grandmother. ;-)
 
I've just signed to buy 3 lots and looking at a few others and have relatives doing the same. We feel we'ree getting some good deals and are not worried if things drop more. We will continue to buy on the way down if it happens and when things starting heading up again. I have looked at a few things I saw on this forum - keep it up.
 
Franny said:
We are busy with customers!! :clap_1:
Great! Well, there's one more...

I would love to hear from more agents re successful closings to help me believe in a recovery, or the beginnings of one.
 
I have an excellent building lot (which is currently the lowest priced lot in this particular 30A development). Activity seems to have definitely picked up over the last few weeks...and especially the past few days!!
I will be happy to provide more info via PM....Thanks to everyone for sharing as it is very helpful to all of us as buyers and sellers!!
 
Talked to a realtor today who has several recent contracts, one is a gulf front house in Dune Allen, and close to signing a couple more.

Also agreed that Garner's Lakeplace lot listing is a good buy at $350k. A little shocked actually.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top