• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pickles

  • Thread starter Thread starter DD
  • Start date Start date
New posts

DD

SoWal Expert
Sweet? Sour? Dill? Bread & Butter?

Best brand?
 
my preference is homemade (someone else's) bread & butter.

My 2 guys will only eat Clausen's garlic dill. I find them just tolerable however.

I love your thought provoking threads! :lol:



The best bread and butters I had were made with those cinnamon red hot candies. Believe it or not, they were yummy! It was one of those old Southern recipes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I ama googling fool today...

Wickles Pickles

 
Sweet? Sour? Dill? Bread & Butter?

Best brand?

The German dill pickles from Trader Joe's are wonderful! So are the ones my sister sends me from Massachusetts, made from cukes she's grown in her garden.

The one on the Christmas tree can't be beat, either (and it lasts forever).
 
I like "new" pickles - veggies and such that are only briefly pickled. I think in the past things were deep pickled because of spoiling issues. Now that we don't have that problem (largely) we can discover the flavors of light pickling.

One of my favorite salads starts with onions and cucumbers being pickled overnight in a vinegar/Greek spice solution (to take the raw out of them -- which can be digestively harsh for some people) and then mixing them up with chopped, multi-colored bell peppers, grape tomatoes, calamato olives, and feta. The mixture of lighly pickled items and fresh items is just right.

I also love eating the various lightly pickled offerings on a Korean menu. Even the kim chi I've tried lately is much less fermented than that I've had previously.

Times they are a-changing...
 
My stepmoms homemade Bread and Butter pickles. The best evah. They are wonderful on a fresh homegrown tomato sandwich. Made with fresh "stick to the roof of your mouth" white bread, and Hellman's Mayo....Oh my. Heaven on bread. :wub:
 
I like mine hot! pickled with red pepper flake, garlic, one or two jalapeno's and dill. All strait from the garden.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top