• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Picture it! Seaside 1986

New posts
Seaside! Pioneering New Urbanism. Yes it became a tourist hot spot but that's because people love it!

Thanks for posting.
 

I remember when. We honeymooned in Dune Allen Beach in 1989, and spent time exploring Seaside and nearby areas. Not much happening but loved the beaches of course (I grew up visiting Grayton Beach and of course PCB). Moved to Point Washington just before they started filming Truman. I still enjoy visiting Seaside like a tourist in the off season. On occasion I'll go during the busy season just to see how it's going. This summer I had to wait in line to get into Duckies. That was a first. Still a few good shops left, but becoming one big Seaside brand store it seems. I love Art of Simple store. No shortage of good eats and drinks all around town.

Still the best Farmers Market in the area and we do sneak in there on an occasional Saturday morning.
 
Last edited:
5. Tupelo Road 1983.jpg
 
Ever wonder how the town of Seaside, Florida began? It's become an extremely popular place to visit and served as a model that many new small towns have followed. Read on to learn about the history of Seaside.

 
That video was also taken before the "construction workers must wear full beards" ordinance was repealed.
 
True story: The Post Office was built by a Californian! That's right. I cannot remember his name, at all. He was a good dude, but man, was he an outsider. He wore combat boots, big full beard, and long sleeve shirts in the summertime!? This was 1984 or so. Weirdos were everywhere.:cool:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top