• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pictures from last week

New posts

BeachDreamer

Beach Fanatic
Just in case anyone is wanting for a little distraction from Katrina, I uploaded some pics from our trip to Seagrove.

http://www.sowal.com/bb/gallery/browseimages.php?do=member&imageuser=425

DSC00001.JPG


DSC00130.JPG


DSC00018.JPG


DSC00178.JPG
 
wintersbk said:
Very nice pics! How did you take your underwater photos?

Thanks Wintersbk! I have a Sony P150 with a marine housing, and it works like a charm. Unfortunately, using the optical viewfinder is impossible, and the LCD screen is often too hard to see while underwater, so I just pointed and shot and hoped I got what I wanted out of it. :oops:
 
You need to change your "name" to TOUCHED BY A TURTLE"! What an experience...thanks for sharing it with us.
 
Thank you all for the kind words! Seeing the turtle was definitely an amazing experience. It kills me that my shot missed his head. He was very majestic, and he swam much faster than I had thought possible. He came up twice for air right in front of us, but eventually made his way back out into the deep blue. I will have to see about using his pic for my avatar. My bird just doesn't seem to cut it after this. LOL.
 
BD your avatar looks great. 2 years ago we were on a dolphin cruise (PCB) and a sea turtle followed us in the wake for quite a while. It was really cool. How did your video turn out?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top