• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pier Park Borders

New posts
I think it is a really cool store. You can download music, do all sorts of geeky things there. Big DVD section. IMHO better book selection than B&N, and better vibes.
 
As chain book stores go, I much prefer Borders over B&N. I've been dismayed to hear reports that B&N may be considering a takeover bid.

Glad to hear it's open WRobert. I think I'll head over there this weekend.

Standard disclaimers apply - I still spend much of my book budget at Sundog. Supporting local book sellers is a good thing.
 
I'll always have a soft spot for Borders because I remember going there when they were just this awesome indie book store on State St. in Ann Arbor.

Then Waldenbooks bought them out, not with the idea of building a chain of big box stores, but because they wanted to get ahold of Borders' computerized inventory system.
 
I'll always have a soft spot for Borders because I remember going there when they were just this awesome indie book store on State St. in Ann Arbor.

As long as we're on that path, for me there's nothing finer than a trip to Powell's in Portland.
 
Besides shopping locally at Sundog Books in Seaside and The Bookstore in DeFuniak, my favorite bookstore is V&J Duncan Antique Maps, Prints & Books in Savannah.
 
As chain book stores go, I much prefer Borders over B&N. I've been dismayed to hear reports that B&N may be considering a takeover bid.

Glad to hear it's open WRobert. I think I'll head over there this weekend.

Standard disclaimers apply - I still spend much of my book budget at Sundog. Supporting local book sellers is a good thing.

I agree. I like Border's better as well, and have never been able to figure out exactly why, but I just do.

But I prefer Sundogs here and Carmichael's in Louisville.
 
A local bookstore is always better that a national chain, unless they don't have your book, but I've always loved the atmosphere of Borders better than either Barnes&Noble or Books-a-Million, but in general the overall lay-out Pier Park is such a turn-off....you have to park behind most of the stores, HOW is any different that most traditional malls...It isn't!...the PC mall has the same layout....When you get out of your car there is a big blank brick wall to greet you....at Pier Park it is a big blank stucco wall...but like most things in Bay County, they shot for the stars and end up hitting a sewer line....I mean ____ is a typical t-shirt shop likeI'd much rather go to Destin Commons.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top