• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pier Park update

New posts
That movie theatre still doesn't exactly WOW me, it reminds me of a high school gym. If I'm gonna go see a movie I'll go to the Rave.


As much as I like the fancy Rave, we go there only when given gift cards to it. We prefer the Destin Cinema; never crowded, love matinee prices, and I feel comfortable letting my oldest go to the bathroom by himself. (without worrying he will get lost or stolen on the way there or back).
 
I noticed on Back Beach Rd. there is a sign on the South side of the road saying coming soon, Pier Park West, 200,000 S.F. But I am sure that will be a couple of years down the road like Pier Park was a little over two years before anything was opened other than Target and Panera Bread and maybe Old Navy.
 
As much as I like the fancy Rave, we go there only when given gift cards to it. We prefer the Destin Cinema; never crowded, love matinee prices, and I feel comfortable letting my oldest go to the bathroom by himself. (without worrying he will get lost or stolen on the way there or back).

Different strokes for different folks - I wouldn't let a female adult roam at Destin Cinema! Plus I have an aversion to anywhere my shoes stick to the floor! ;-)
 
Borders! is now open. Good selection for now, though I suppose they'll do some revising once they figure out what is and isn't selling.

I also got some cute Bermuda shorts from Ron Jon's when we were scoping the place out. I'm glad the trend now seems to be going back to longer women's shorts since I was getting very tired of only seeing ones with three inch inseams.
 
Rave is more expensive

I'm not sure if it is less expensive, but I like the "fancy" Rave the best.


They have jacked their prices twice in the past year or so. Rave is $9.50 and $7.50 for matinee and child.

Ticket Prices for
The Grand 16 - Pier Park
​
Evening Adult$8.00Matinee (shows before 6 pm)$6.00Child (12 and under)$6.00Senior (60 and older)$6.00Active Military (with valid ID)$7.00Prices for Friday and Saturday after 6pmEvening Adult$8.50Child (12 and under)$6.50Senior (60 and older)$6.50


I still go to rave because its closer for me.
 
Borders! is now open. Good selection for now, though I suppose they'll do some revising once they figure out what is and isn't selling.

I also got some cute Bermuda shorts from Ron Jon's when we were scoping the place out. I'm glad the trend now seems to be going back to longer women's shorts since I was getting very tired of only seeing ones with three inch inseams.

I never get tired of seeing those 3 inch seams !! ;-)
 
I just found out my ex-neighbor and friend, who is some kind of regional vp for Simon has this mall in her territory. Of course, we had to begin to plan a simultaneous trip--I mentioned October. ;-):clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top