• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

PLEASE... Don't Walk Between Gulf Homes

New posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Smiling JOe said:
I remember coming from Niceville to SoWal on Hwy 20, when I saw a playground filled with folks in prison suits, the big bus, guards with guns, etc. Would you feel awkward iif you were at the playground with your kids when they showed up? I felt a little freaked out just thinking about it. Put criminals n a field growing vegetables, and leave the trash collection on the beach to me.

I think my kids are probably just as at risk from people who've not been convicted yet, as they are from those who have, but I can certainly understand and respect your point of view.
 
i may be wrong, but i thought they didnt let the super-baddies out for that kind of work detail, or do they? i heard it was considered a bit of a perk to be able to get "off campus" as such, which helps keep them in line. (<cough> along with the guard with the big gun :roll: ) they don't bother me, but i guess i'm a city girl..
 
Smiling JOe said:
I remember coming from Niceville to SoWal on Hwy 20, when I saw a playground filled with folks in prison suits, the big bus, guards with guns, etc. Would you feel awkward iif you were at the playground with your kids when they showed up? I felt a little freaked out just thinking about it. Put criminals n a field growing vegetables, and leave the trash collection on the beach to me.
Work details are prettty common up here, particularly along interstates (litter picking), doesn't bother most folks. A prison complex may 50 mi south of us (med & high security) lets "honor" inmates tend surrounding farm (owned by complex), livestock. Production from farm feeds inmates, they get out of the pokey during the day, everybody wins. Walkaways pretty rare, though it does happen. Grew up maybe 5-6 mi from there. Never heard of anybody making it to the top of the nearby hill (only way out - all woods) before they were nabbed.
 
Sueshore said:
MOONWALK....YES!

DUNEWALK...NO!

That's a great slogan! I think a campaign with a good slogan would be extremely helpful in getting awareness out about the fragile dunes. There could even be bumper stickers and sun visors with the slogan for people to use.
 
Here about this one:

"Enjoy our Sun, our Sand and Sea,
But our Dunes are People Free."

(Paid for by The Concerned Locals Whose Homes are Washing Away.)
 
Back


Keep Off Dunes
FL. Statute

161.053(2)



Front

logo-sowal-14-100.jpg


​
 
sleeve


You would look cute picking up garbage on the side
of the road in an orange jumpsuit.






:rofl:

​
 
katmoo said:
i may be wrong, but i thought they didnt let the super-baddies out for that kind of work detail, or do they? i heard it was considered a bit of a perk to be able to get "off campus" as such, which helps keep them in line. (<cough> along with the guard with the big gun :roll: ) they don't bother me, but i guess i'm a city girl..

I hear you, but what if there were about 30 prisoners who came to clean this small fenced-in playground and you and your kids were the only others around on this not-so-often-traveled road? I would have to think most people would be somewhat concerned and get out of there.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I remember coming from Niceville to SoWal on Hwy 20, when I saw a playground filled with folks in prison suits, the big bus, guards with guns, etc. Would you feel awkward iif you were at the playground with your kids when they showed up? I felt a little freaked out just thinking about it. Put criminals n a field growing vegetables, and leave the trash collection on the beach to me.

If they were federal prisoners, they were non-violent offenders from the infamous (and now shuttered) "Club Fed" on Eglin AFB. The Club Fed detainees also did a lot of work on the Eglin golf course and with the base animal shelter.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top