• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Please give me some tips!

New posts

roadtrippin

Beach Comber
We will be in SeaCrest July 21-28.
It is my understanding that most all rental properties are from Saturday to Saturday.
I am assuming that would be a really bad day for traffic and going to the Wal-Mart or Publix.
Is it true that the grocery stores are CRAZY on Saturday check-in days and that most things get sold out?
Would it make a difference if we came into town on Friday and stocked up at the grocery store on Friday and try to beat the crowds?
Any tips?

Thanks.
Roadtrippin.:cool:
 
The earlier in the day you can go and the more you avoid the weekends and holidays, the better off you will be.

Some also choose to have a concierge service stock the house prior to arrival to avoid the issue.
 
Where are you staying in Seacrest. We will be there from the 28th to the 4th.
I usually don't worry about the shopping on Saturday, I let my wife and daughter handle that. We are staying on Sandy Shores Court in a house.
 
Doing so would make a thousand percent difference in your anxiety level.

I agree. Or, bring everything with you but the perishables, hit a grocery store one town out from SoWal (depending on where you are coming from- we always hit the Winn Dix in DeFuniak), get all your cold stuff for the next few days, ride with it on your lap, check in, and forget grocery shopping until Monday or Tuesday. Sunday is just as bad as Saturday now, IMO.
 
I agree with SJ and J Darg's advice.

Friday night is local shopper's night at WaterColor Publix as not only is it crazy Saturday alot of new stuff is stocked on Friday for Saturday.
 
If you have to shop on Saturday or Sunday, it's really not bad in the morning. I was able to get in and out of Publix in Sandestin at about 1pm last Saturday, without having to fight the crowds. Late in the afternoon is the worst!
 
We just returned from Destin (with 3 kids) and I bought everything I could before going--even had a cooler with some things. I had a list of things to get once we arrived and I stopped at the Winn Dixie in Destin/Sandestin to get milk, eggs, lettus, etc ( on a sunday afternoon). I have found that the WM was out of things like bottled water and other drinks, bread, sandwich stuff, and smaller size things. Like it was suggested, try to take what you know you will need for the first few days if space is tight. You will pay a bit more at Winn Dixie and Publix, but if nothing else the wait in line to check out is worth it. I am not sure what the deal is with the Destin WM, hardly any check outs opened.

I would loved to have been able to use one of the services for delivery but it was not possible $ wise for us, we were already stretching it going on vacation.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top