• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.

Please Stay Off The Dunes

New posts

lenzoe

Beach Fanatic
While those new sand piles on the beach look like they were just made for playing, please don't let your kids do that. There's a big increase in the number of kids running, playing, digging, and sliding on the sand dunes.

If this continues, the vegetation will never re-grow and when the next storm hits you can start kissing the beach goodbye.
 
I almost became a major b---- last weekend. Coastal Living was doing a photo shoot of our neighborhood in Seagrove, and one of their people was letting her child just dive all over the new dunes. I was about to say something to her, but I wanted good press in the magazine. So I kept my mouth shut. BUT HOW COULD SOMEONE BE SO CLUELESS?
Later...
Dr. Fay A. Gator
 
phdphay said:
I almost became a major b---- last weekend. Coastal Living was doing a photo shoot of our neighborhood in Seagrove, and one of their people was letting her child just dive all over the new dunes. I was about to say something to her, but I wanted good press in the magazine. So I kept my mouth shut. BUT HOW COULD SOMEONE BE SO CLUELESS?
Later...
Dr. Fay A. Gator

Next time make a citizen's arrest! Who wants good press? We got enough already. :lol:
 
I bet a lot of people (especially those not familiar with coastal environments) don't realize the damage they are causing. Could signs be posted explaining about dune vegetation and how important it is?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top