Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.
Yes. All of the above. Don't forget about wild boar,coyotes, big cats. Although, I've only heard the coyotes and the biggest cat I've actually seen was a bobcat.
They don't want to be anywhere near people and will all avoid you if they have a choice. They are only a problem if you surprise them, which is hard to do - be noisy. If you see bear cubs be extremely careful because a momma bear is very protective.
You are not likely to see any of these critters. Alligators only near water.
Only gators from a distance. Or close up in a boat. Oh, I did see mama and baby bear in a tree in Grayton Beach last year. They drew a crowd, poor things.
I saw gators in a pond behind Beachside Villas last April. Black bear I'm not worried too much about, we have them in Michigan, and they want no part of humans. Rattlesnakes do worry me there though. I would not be walking with boots and pants, but most likely shorts and sneakers.
Rattle snakes are much like other snakes. They want nothing to do with something that is so much larger than them. They normally only bite when cornered. Be noisy.
Water moccasins (Cottonmouth), can be aggressive, but usually only when you are in their space. Stay out of their space. If you are on water and one approaches your boat, move. They have been known to climb in. ;-)