• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Police Patrol

New posts

joho

Beach Fanatic
Question for the board:

Do you local SoWal residents think there are "too" many or "not enough" police officers employed by the county? :idontno:
 
I haven't ever felt a lack o' police presence, but I do frequently wonder about the fact that I am MUCH more likely to see a uniformed officer in a marked squad car working as "private security" than running a Sowal speed trap.

I still don't understand the whole "private security" issue. IMO you are either a uniformed cop on duty or you are out of uniform/squad car and acting as a private security guard. :idontno:
 
It seems as though I'm seeing more police patroling the streets lately.
They seem to be in packs. Maybe that's why I'm noticing them more.
 
They are never where you want them to be...like when you're sitting at a light waiting for the green and when you finally get it, you have to wait on 3 cars to finish running the red to get thru the intersection. :bang:
 
It is amazing that most of the posts in this thread assume that a deputy sheriff's primary duty is traffic. :roll:
 
I got pulled over for not wearing eye protection on my motorbike, and while the Deputy and I were talking, a guy in a loud truck, who was obviously speeding, passed three cars, on a double yellow. The deputy continued to write my ticket while he said, "I should go after HIM." I said, nothing, but I was thinking, "yes, you should."
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top