• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pool heater doesn't work in rental house

New posts

woodyb97

Beach Crab
My family and I are here for the week at a private house we rented. The pool has a heater at only works when the ambient temperature is above 55 degrees and then uses the warm air to heat the pool water. I realize that it may be unseasonably cool, but this heater would never do much this time of year.:bang:

My boys were wanting to swim this week in a heated pool. Where can I take them? Do some resorts offer a daily pass to use the facilities for people that are not stay at their hotel?

Please help, TIA
 
We have a heater for the pool and the spa at our home which we rent out. If the pool where you are renting is large as ours is, it will never get warm enough if the temps are in the 40's. Our spa will get to 100 degrees in 30 minutes regardless of the outside temps IF THE VALVES ARE SET PROPERLY. But even when we leave out detailed instructions for renters, they apparently don't read them and we get complaints because they don't set the valves properly.

As a result, we have stopped offering pool heat to any of our rental guests. They don't follow instructions, and they end up blowing out the pool heater which costs us $1000 each time.

Call your rental management company to get pool heating instructions. Don't try messing with the controls yourselves unless you are knowledgeable regarding how to manage pool equipment.
 
Last edited:
the pool in our neighborhood is heated this week and its a 50,000 gal pool and its running at 90 degree's. the smaller pool is 25000 gal and i was in it last night and i got sick it was so hot at 100 degrees plus. last night got down to 30 degress outside. so if the heaters big enough you can heat it to 100 degrees even in this weather
 
thanks for the replies, I know the current heater will not work in the current weather conditions. I plan on taking that up with the owner of the house.

I looking for possible places to take the kids to swim in a heated pool.

Frank Brown Park is a possibility thanks beachmouse.:D

Any other suggestions are appeciated.
 
And if you go to Frank Brown park let me know how it is. I've wanted to try it out but never seem to get there (too hard to leave the porch and beach). But, I've passed it and looked at the layout online and it looks great (and big). If it's really heated to a nice temperature, my guess is the kids will love it. I think the park has basketball and other sports, too. There's a fee to use the pool. Maybe you can get some or all of that back from the people you rented from if their ad said it was a heated pool and it isn't and if there's really nothing you can do to get it working for you.

If you rented through an agency, maybe the agency has other places they rent in communities that have heated pools and they can get you a pass to one nearby.
 
We bought the heater recommended for the size of our pool.

I agree with Paula. I would definitely ask for a discount if the home was represented as having a heated pool. What temperature does the pool get to? Ours gets to about 80 when it's in the forties outside. I prefer 86.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top