• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Power out?

New posts

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Power's been out for about an hour up here in PW. I hear that the traffic lights at 331 and 98 are out, also.

Anyone know what's going on?
 
We haven't had any trouble here toward the west end of 30-A. I've been outside much of the morning and haven't heard any sirens.
 
I'm in Point Washington off of 395N and have elec.
 
Huh. Well, it just came back on up here, it was out about an hour and a half.
 
Huh. Well, it just came back on up here, it was out about an hour and a half.

That happened to me this weekend....had a bad storm up in Paxton and woke up with no electricity and it was off for a few more hours. It's hard to make coffee without electricity. Thank God for Hardee's in Florala.
 
Not sure about this time but a few weeks ago it went off for a few hours due to a transformer blowing near the intersection of 331&98. For those that dont know the Pt.Washington area near Bay Drive is on a separate grid from the rest of the area. During the last one, the lights at Bay Dr. were working but not the ones at 331. But one good thing about that is that they are forced to work on these lines very fast because of the volume of traffic in that intersection.
 
Was off for about an hour in BMB
 
I was just told at Tom Thumb @331 that a tree fell on the lines just west of there, but they (CHELCO) were working on the transformer at that intersection that blew a few weeks ago while I was there. They are also setting new poles (thank God!) along 98 to the west of 331. I didnt see any fallen trees but I did see many poles, formerly known as trees;-), laying along the side of the road in that area.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top