• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pre-construction: Seagrove Highlands

New posts

Unplugged

Beach Fanatic
Is anyone familiar with this project, or have any units reserved?

What are your thoughts about the project?

________________________________________
 
When Merman and I were at the beach over Christmas break, we rode our bicycles down Somerset Bridge Street where these condos are being constructed. We'd have liked to have taken a better look but the area is fenced off and private. It looks like it will be beautiful with that lake location and the walk to the beach isn't too bad. Not far enough that you'd need to get in your car, certainly, yet far enough away that the road noise won't be a factor.

I saw on a realty site that the address for these condos is not Seagrove Beach, but Point Washington. I wonder if this matters in regard to address prestige, tax matters, etc?
 
I don't know much about the specific project, but our cottages were built by the same contractor and our inspectors told us they were built very well. I don't know if that's something all inspectors say to everyone, but we've been very happy (we've had one for 3 years and one for 2 years with no problems).
 
Mermaid said:
When Merman and I were at the beach over Christmas break, we rode our bicycles down Somerset Bridge Street where these condos are being constructed. We'd have liked to have taken a better look but the area is fenced off and private. It looks like it will be beautiful with that lake location and the walk to the beach isn't too bad. Not far enough that you'd need to get in your car, certainly, yet far enough away that the road noise won't be a factor.

I saw on a realty site that the address for these condos is not Seagrove Beach, but Point Washington. I wonder if this matters in regard to address prestige, tax matters, etc?


Mermaid, that realty site is wrong then. The Seagrove Highlands condos are in Seagrove, which is zip code 32459, which is technically Santa Rosa Beach--not to confuse anyone.
 
Camp Creek Kid said:
Mermaid, that realty site is wrong then. The Seagrove Highlands condos are in Seagrove, which is zip code 32459, which is technically Santa Rosa Beach--not to confuse anyone.

The only way the address would be Point Washington is if one had a PO Box at the Pt Washington Post Office.
 
I've been looking for the last half hour for the website where I found Seagrove Highlands listed as having a Point Washington address. With no success. :( There's another subdivision next door to it, Bungalows of Seagrove, that also had that same address. It stuck in my mind as being very odd and I was going to ask a question about it but this one came up first. The explanation of that being the mailbox address makes the most sense to me as the realty website contained no photos of the construction for either Bungalows or Highlands, only artist sketches. So it must have been early on, because everything I've looked at just now contains the correct Seagrove Beach address. Odd.
 
Beach Runner said:
Where's Somerset Bridge Street?

The street is right next to the Tom Thumb convenience store. That little area behind and around the store has a fair bit of residential construction going on.
 
Mermaid said:
The street is right next to the Tom Thumb convenience store. That little area behind and around the store has a fair bit of residential construction going on.
Oh, I'd never noticed the name of that street. Always too busy trying to avoid having a wreck, getting rear-ended, or running over someone darting out from behind a vehicle to get to the walkover by Legacy. There's always so much chaos there.

Thanks.
 
Beach Runner said:
Oh, I'd never noticed the name of that street. Always too busy trying to avoid having a wreck, getting rear-ended, or running over someone darting out from behind a vehicle to get to the walkover by Legacy. There's always so much chaos there.

Thanks.

I know, it's amazing how much traffic there is in between Seaside and the turnoff for Eastern Lake Road! I think cars have gotten better about stopping for pedestrians on the zebra stripe crossings, though. Good thing, too, with all the residential construction going in on the north side of 30-A.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top