• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

preserves at grayton?

New posts

reece

Beach Lover
hello
in my search for the perfect beach house this summer, i keep coming across houses located in a new development called "preserves at grayton".
can you tell me exactly where this is?
thanks
reece
 
hello
in my search for the perfect beach house this summer, i keep coming across houses located in a new development called "preserves at grayton".
can you tell me exactly where this is?
thanks
reece


Not in Grayton Beach. It is west of Grayton, on the north side of 30-A. A friend of mine almost rented a house there thinking she could walk to the beach- not. The ads for these rentals are misleading, IMO, but the rental prices are good (because they are not close to the beach?). From what I can tell ,the closest beach access is a bike ride to Gulf Trace- somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
 
:welcome: reece.
Yea, what jdarg said. I don't know what they are advertising for access. They must have their own trails heading to the beach.
 
The preserve has it's own beach access which is just across the street from the development. No bike riding needed. It is a long access but is very beautiful. I have framed some of the pictures I took on the access. So you do not need a tram or to get in your car or use a public beach access like so many of the other developments. I do not see where there is any misleading info in the rentals. I image you have never been there or walked to the beach from that development.
 
I drive past it 2 or 3 times a day, and look every time to try and find the access. Where is it? It must be a long walk to the beach- do you walk out past and/or around the lake? I'm not arguing about the beauty of the area- like most of 30-A, that area is gorgeous.

The listing for the house my friend was considering made it sound like it was practically in downtown Grayton. It was so convincing she almost booked it- thank goodness she called me, because she only wanted to be IN Grayton, not a bike ride away.
 
thank you all for the information. so, the preserves does look pretty - it's on the north side of 30 A though? So, you have to cross the street to get to the access, correct?

next question :)

do any of you have any opinions on groves by the sea and summer's edge?
is summer's edge walking distance to seaside?

we usually stay in grayton, but this year we are looking at communities with a community pool. Mainly because my son, who is 6, is an only child, and this year, none of his cousins are joining us. So, I'd like for him to maybe have some kids around that he could play with...
does anyone else have this dilemma with an only child? he's just at that age where we'd let him bring a friend, but at 6 years old, not many kids can do a week away from their parents, ya know? Home sickness sets in.
i think it'll be great when he gets just a little bit older, but for now???
he did meet a little girl in grayton one year who he played with on the beach, so perhaps it's easy to meet friends :)

reece
 
The preserve has it's own beach access which is just across the street from the development. No bike riding needed. It is a long access but is very beautiful. I have framed some of the pictures I took on the access. So you do not need a tram or to get in your car or use a public beach access like so many of the other developments. I do not see where there is any misleading info in the rentals. I image you have never been there or walked to the beach from that development.
If you look at the listings in VRBO, they're lumped in with Grayton Beach. They're actually on the edge of Blue Mountain Beach. IMO that is intentionally misleading, in an effort to attach a greater marketability of the home.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top