• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

price changes

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
Yesterday, there were 11 price changes for listings in SoWal and 5 of them were increases. I'm sure that this news will tickle fabian. Two of the increases were for condos at ParkPlace, slightly east of One Seagrove Place, and I believe they may have completed, or are nearing completion of those. That was a project which was existing condos and a developer bought the entire complex and is rebuilding it completely, turning it into luxury condos. It is a very upscale development, and there are a very limited number of units.
 
I am not shocked that people are realizing the value of their property in our area is by any standards under priced. People wanting to move to this area and live out a happy retirements will not be able to sell there places up north for a bundle then come down here and buy Paradise for peanuts. Many are seeing that dropping their prices right now have nothing to do with moving property. No,the auction block is where those houses need to go,but real estate in our surrounding area needs to say at the realistic price's that it has been at for quite some time. It is not wrong for people to want to pick things up for practically nothing,But if your going to give it away don't think you will come back in a year or two and be able to buy it back for anything near what you are selling it for now.:welcome: Like Jim Reeve's song he would sing "Welcome to my world".
 
Last edited:
Yesterday, there were 11 price changes for listings in SoWal and 5 of them were increases. I'm sure that this news will tickle fabian. Two of the increases were for condos at ParkPlace, slightly east of One Seagrove Place, and I believe they may have completed, or are nearing completion of those. That was a project which was existing condos and a developer bought the entire complex and is rebuilding it completely, turning it into luxury condos. It is a very upscale development, and there are a very limited number of units.

Meg Whitman purchased one. That is kinda cool.
 
Hell, I am not a Realtor.But it is so easy to see why people would be apprehensious to buy right now in south Walton. I am just before starting a thread about, What would you change about your Realtor. No names just things that you have picked up on that let's you know he is ether over his head or just plain ignorant to the fact that this is a wonderful place to live for the price. I don't want you to think I am talking about everybody Because There are some sharp Realtors out there. One of the best one's in the panhandle I would say is Don Nations. No, he is not selling my property but that was my mistake when things were jumping I pulled my place off the market,and I will be the first to say it was my mistake because he would have sold it in 2 days. He is one of the few that I know as far as commercial property you will not beat him. He is knowledgeable and knows the value of what he is selling. Besides him, I have not seen Joe in action he does seem knowledgeable but I still wish he was more prone to holding these prices and not lowering them,but thats just a quick observation,so please tell me what should be so surprising to see property going back up in south Walton. The market is not down everywhere in the U.S just places that are common and can be found anywhere. It's not like California or Arizona This place rocks and if you don't think so them damn it find another profession other than real estate. Yes there will be those who's places will end up on the auction block but don't come back and ask Mr. Homeowner to take the hit with out looking into the mirror first.:nono1:
 
Last edited:
Hell, I am not a Realtor.But it is so easy to see why people would be apprehensious to buy right now in south Walton. I am just before starting a thread about, What would you change about your Realtor. No names just things that you have picked up on that let's you know he is ether over his head or just plain ignorant to the fact that this is a wonderful place to live for the price. I don't want you to think I am talking about everybody Because There are some sharp Realtors out there. One of the best one's in the panhandle I would say is Don Nations. No, he is not selling my property but that was my mistake when things were jumping I pulled my place off the market,and I will be the first to say it was my mistake because he would have sold it in 2 days. He is one of the few that I know as far as commercial property you will not beat him. He is knowledgeable and knows the value of what he is selling. Besides him, I have not seen Joe in action he does seem knowledgeable but I still wish he was more prone to holding these prices and not lowering them,but thats just a quick observation,so please tell me what should be so surprising to see property going back up in south Walton. The market is not down everywhere in the U.S just places that are common and can be found anywhere. It's not like California or Arizona This place rocks and if you don't think so them damn it find another profession other than real estate. Yes there will be those who's places will end up on the auction block but don't come back and ask Mr. Homeowner to take the hit with out looking into the mirror first.:nono1:

You still refuse to answer the question... What do sellers do that have to sell now? Not all agents just take listings and then try to reduce the property after no bites. If you would really like to know the real process of selling, you should get a license so you can see how difficult it really is in a market like this. You seem content in just randomly bashing agents but do not seem to have a clue on what we are really going through.
 
fabian, does YOUR agent know that you are bashing him or her? How much did she or he ask you to lower your price on your two listings today? You seem to be very frustrated with him or her, and it seems to come out in your posts, generalizing dissatisfaction with all Realtors. I really don't think it is fair for you not be truthful in your posts, letting people know that you don't like the open market, where sellers are allowed to set the price at whatever they want. You suggest that we Realtors don't think highly of property in SoWal, and that is far from the truth amongst the Realtors whom I know.

Also, you mention that you have some acerage listed in north Walton or Holmes County, in addition to your home in Panty Maw City Beach. You seem really hooked on SoWal.com real estate topics. Since Shelly has yet to ask, what other property do you own in SoWal that you are trying to sell? Rather than dissing Realtors, perhaps you would be better off relaying the mls number, address and asking price.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top