• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pricing for Shutters?

New posts

spaglioni

Beach Lover
Are Bahama shutters (hurricane rated) a bit expensive or am I just an idiot? $1,800 for two installed. Thoughts?
 
Got a price a few years to do shutters - electric on 3rd floor and manual on 2nd and main floor - Almost had a heart attack when I saw $43000!!! There are some companies that use a kevlar like screen that rolls down and attaches to window with a thumbscrew that I thought was fairly reasonable..
 
The screen will still allow the window to break if it does not have enough room for deflection between the screen & glass. It will minimize the damage though by slowing down wind & rain intrusion.
Just as impact resistant glass will break if hit hard enough.
 
Got a price a few years to do shutters - electric on 3rd floor and manual on 2nd and main floor - Almost had a heart attack when I saw $43000!!! There are some companies that use a kevlar like screen that rolls down and attaches to window with a thumbscrew that I thought was fairly reasonable..

Got them through GSC Building Products. Went with Bahama style shutters that I reach out and pull in which is what I wanted. I looked at the roll-down, but it just didn't match the look I wanted (Florida cottage). So you pay for a little flair.
 
That's about what I paid. Each window was about 4 x 4 to cover. And I have to remember they are custom made, and unless I'm willing to install them on a second floor you have to pay for someone's labor.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top