• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pricing graphs

New posts
IMHO, you can build for a LOT LESS than $150 per square foot outside the major developments. So, the argument still holds true. Prices everywhere have a ways to go down.

I know this is off topic, but it may have some relevance. I built a home in Point Washington a few years back to try and spread some good will to two decent people. I charged them about $55.50 per square foot and broke even. That's got to be proof that the cost of construction is largely dependant on the cost of labor.

Some workers will welcome the opportunity to work at a fair rate when they want to provide for their family. This economy has humbled some of our neighbors.
 
AAB, I really appreciate your honesty on building prices. What do you think break even prices would be on that same house today?

IMO, that home where it sits is worth $170,000 today.

The cost of materials only to build that home today in the current International Building Code would be + or - $92,800.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top