• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Public Beach & Bay Accesses - list and map

New posts
AWESOME Kurt! The map once and for all clears up exactly where the public accesses are. And it seems that there are NONE at the Rosemary or Seaside streets.
 
The map is very helpful, but as an FYI, the map does not include all of the Public Accesses, just the TDC maintained accesses.
 
Amazing that they show an access at the end on 283 and one at the east end of Mitchell. Both have seawalls only and no access short of jumping into the bay. The cat's out of the bag now regarding the one at the end of Mitchell:roll: Also, how could they leave out the access at the end of 395, one of the most widely used? Or the one in Magnolia Beach?
 
Yes the inclusion of those two pretty much shoot down the "TDC maintained" theory.;-):biggrin: Also the one at the End of Bay Cr. wasnt shot down by storms,but rather the homeowners on both sides of the street there. They didnt want a dock/pier built there because it would encourage people to actually come all the way to the and of Bay Drive and possibly fish or something equally disturbing to them.
 
Last edited:
John R, you will note that those two sites mentioned are not current accesses, but ones in the works. The TDC wants to build those accesses. I understood that both would already be in the works if we didn't have any storms in 2006 which would wash away the beach walkovers. I guess they decided to spend the money on the big blue signs, instead.

By the way, the ramp at the end of Mitchell, which was east of Punzy's former place, is a private parcel, and now filled in with sand and a bulkhead. The actual deeded access is to the west of your former place, across the street from Pat.


I am trying to picture where this could be- I thought it was all houses/fences on the bay there?
 
I am trying to picture where this could be- I thought it was all houses/fences on the bay there?
No, there is an over grown 10' wide spot that is the access. it was semi-cleared by some nice neighbors but has since grown back for lack of use. It is in no way marked and unless you live around here you would think its just part of someones yard.
 
Yes the inclusion of those two pretty much shoot down the "TDC maintained" theory.;-):biggrin: ...

No, it doesn't. Read the map legend. Those two are listed as "undeveloped" accesses.

I just looked at the GIS, and it shows the access property being about 55' in width, and it is shown as being directly across from Pat's house (corner of Dawson and Mitchell). However, I seem to recall Pat saying there was some arguments about the actual location.
 
Last edited:
No, there is an over grown 10' wide spot that is the access. it was semi-cleared by some nice neighbors but has since grown back for lack of use. It is in no way marked and unless you live around here you would think its just part of someones yard.

I think I will walk over and investigate!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top