Alicia Leonard
SoWal Insider
Yes, but only if the doors are locked, preventing exit. Has nothing to do with locking the doors, preventing entry. I am fairly certain that the doors are like the other exterior doors at the Library, with the push bar to unlock. The reason why they are in the locked position has nothing to do with the TDC, but rather, it is because the Library staff unlocks the room for the people using it, but they don't give out the special keys to unlock the doors, so that they automatically lock upon our exit of the facilities. The library doesn't even unlock both doors at the main entry during hours. They unlock only the right door if you are entering the building. I found out the hard way too many times, when trying to leave without pushing the bar. However, if a meeting is to remain open, they could easily staff someone to hold the doors, or prop it open, although technically, propping it open could be a fire hazard if it is done from the interior side of the door, rather than the exterior side.
I had wondered because I thought in the original report someone said they couldn't find the key and maybe it was locked both way
