• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Publix Greenwise

New posts

Sandy Pants

Beach Comber
So this is the response I received from publix when I wrote them to inquire about a greenwise opening here. I was hoping to start a campain...





I am writing in response to your inquiry regarding a Publix GreenWise Market location in your area. We are tracking requests for specific locations and have added your inquiry to our list. Our Real Estate department is looking for locations throughout our market area that would be appropriate for one of our stores. Currently, we have announced locations in Palm Beach Gardens, Boca Raton, and Tampa, Florida. They are part of a pilot and we are tracking information to make the best decisions possible. In the mean time, we may implement things we learn from our pilot into your local Publix. Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate your interest in Publix GreenWise Market.
Sincerely,
Cherie Dangerfield
Administrative Assistant to Mickey Glass,
Publix GreenWise Market District Manager
Publix GreenWise Market
777 S.W. 12th Avenue
Deerfield Beach, Florida 33442
954.429.0122 ext 2004
954.574.6810 (fax)
Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail
 
The Watercolor Publix already has Greenwise fruits & veggies and meat sections and just implemented shelf tags to show whether items are organic, natural, processed etc.

If they don't carry it, they'll order it for you or you can get it at For the Health of It.

Since the closest Publix used to be at the Mid-bay bridge I can certainly understand why they aren't opening a green wise here yet - especially since they are only in 3 major cities so far.
 
Don't get me wrong, I love organic foods and appreciate Publix Greenwise foods when I shop at Publix. But For The Health of It in Blue Mountain offers all of the same products and they get them LOCALLY. I purchased some organic veggies from Publix the other day and noticed that they were grown in Argentina! Oranges from Spain, tomatoes from God knows where... I mean, how "Green" is it to ship veggies in from so far away? The organic produce that I get from Rachel and Ed at For the Health of It comes from local farmers. Less gas to ship them means more "green" all the way around.

My point is, as far as organics and Publix are concerned, I am not sure just how Green WISE they really are.
 
agreed romeo ---we need to take a good look at what we buy and not get caught up in the "gotta go green " movement ----:biggrin:
 
Don't get me wrong, I love organic foods and appreciate Publix Greenwise foods when I shop at Publix. But For The Health of It in Blue Mountain offers all of the same products and they get them LOCALLY. I purchased some organic veggies from Publix the other day and noticed that they were grown in Argentina! Oranges from Spain, tomatoes from God knows where... I mean, how "Green" is it to ship veggies in from so far away? The organic produce that I get from Rachel and Ed at For the Health of It comes from local farmers. Less gas to ship them means more "green" all the way around.

My point is, as far as organics and Publix are concerned, I am not sure just how Green WISE they really are.

Agreed. I think For the Health of It is a WISE choice for organics! I also think we need to be careful when we go green. That is why I lean on Ed and Rachael because they live it and are truly local!
 
Don't get me wrong, I love organic foods and appreciate Publix Greenwise foods when I shop at Publix. But For The Health of It in Blue Mountain offers all of the same products and they get them LOCALLY. I purchased some organic veggies from Publix the other day and noticed that they were grown in Argentina! Oranges from Spain, tomatoes from God knows where... I mean, how "Green" is it to ship veggies in from so far away? The organic produce that I get from Rachel and Ed at For the Health of It comes from local farmers. Less gas to ship them means more "green" all the way around.

My point is, as far as organics and Publix are concerned, I am not sure just how Green WISE they really are.

Excellent point -- our GreenWise is opening in a couple of months about a mile away from me, so I'll report back on what they have and where it came from. :wave:
 
we are getting a greenwise in the winter park village at the site of a closed albertsons...i believe publix will go slowly in big market areas and gauge the numbers...i posted about this 9-05 in the food section
 
Don't get me wrong, I love organic foods and appreciate Publix Greenwise foods when I shop at Publix. But For The Health of It in Blue Mountain offers all of the same products and they get them LOCALLY. I purchased some organic veggies from Publix the other day and noticed that they were grown in Argentina! Oranges from Spain, tomatoes from God knows where... I mean, how "Green" is it to ship veggies in from so far away? The organic produce that I get from Rachel and Ed at For the Health of It comes from local farmers. Less gas to ship them means more "green" all the way around.

My point is, as far as organics and Publix are concerned, I am not sure just how Green WISE they really are.

Romeo, i agree with everything above and will add that not all communities are blessed to have a For The Health of It. Imagine if Publix was able to get it's veggies locally, there would be nothing left for Ed and Rachel to buy. A double edged sword, sure, but I must applaud Publix for making this huge step.

ymmv
 
If you shop at publix, and want more greenwise products, buy more. I guarantee you that they track the sales of greenwise products, and as they see more people willing to spend more for greenwise products, rather than the other brands, they will increase the selection accordingly. Personally, I don't see enough peopel buying the greenwise labels to justify opening a greenwise store. For the Health of It has enough selection to cater to the small percentage of people, who seem to be willing and able to purchase organic and local products.
 
speaking of publix greenwise. anyone had their ground grassfed buffalo? :wub: The best burgers ever. Its about $7 a pound.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top