• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Pumpkin Party in SoWal

New posts

Smiling JOe

SoWal Expert
PA250049.JPG


Here are just a few jackolanterns from tonight's Pumpkin Party. ;-) Much fun was had by all.
 
Those are the pumpkins I wish I could carve- but no pumpkin talent here. A person has to be rather gutsty to wield a carving knife in that artistic way- and I would probably cut off most, if not all , of my fingers. Plus we have some famous hand surgeons here that always are preaching about the dangers of carving (although I'm sure they like the business).

One year I attempted a peace sign. I ended up with a big round hole. :idontno:
 
jdarg said:
Those are the pumpkins I wish I could carve- but no pumpkin talent here. A person has to be rather gutsty to wield a carving knife in that artistic way- and I would probably cut off most, if not all , of my fingers. Plus we have some famous hand surgeons here that always are preaching about the dangers of carving (although I'm sure they like the business).

One year I attempted a peace sign. I ended up with a big round hole. :idontno:

We use the pumpkin knives for carving. They are little tools, like mini saws without sharp teeth, instead of actual knives. They work extremely well and are very kid friendly.
 
I've been contemplating using an old piece of junk jigsaw I have to carve my pumpkins this year. I hope I don't electrocute myself.
 
Landlocked said:
I've been contemplating using an old piece of junk jigsaw I have to carve my pumpkins this year. I hope I don't electrocute myself.

The little pumpkin carving tools will work much better. I bet you can find them at WallyWorld.
 
Smiling JOe said:
The little pumpkin carving tools will work much better. I bet you can find them at WallyWorld.

We have those little saw things and they do work great, until Landlocked snaps them off! I had an idea last year to use a set of those little exacto knives and they work great to clean up your work. We'll be carving tonight! :clap_1:
 
SJ, is there anything you CAN'T do? The pumpkins are great!!!!!
 
kathydwells said:
SJ, is there anything you CAN'T do? The pumpkins are great!!!!!

I don't know about "can't do." It is just that I have "yet to do" so much. The things which I do, I do not necessarily do well, but I am not scared to give it a shot. We are all capable of doing anything. ;-) Oh, I just thought of something of which I always fail -- telling the punch line of a joke. I fizzle out, and make up the end, which never works.
 
Smiling JOe said:
I don't know about "can't do." It is just that I have "yet to do" so much. The things which I do, I do not necessarily do well, but I am not scared to give it a shot. We are all capable of doing anything. ;-) Oh, I just thought of something of which I always fail -- telling the punch line of a joke. I fizzle out, and make up the end, which never works.
(Jokes) a failing I share... ;-) I like your attitude - have pretty much the same, though there are some things (besides jokes) I've discovered - after no small number of attempts - that I'm apparently not wired properly for... :biggrin:
 
I won a pumpkin carving contest when I was little. I made a Jimmy Carter pumpkin. I was a weird kid. (yes i know, not much has changed..)
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top