• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Quaint Chapel for wedding

New posts

infinitytravel

Beach Crab
I am planning a wedding for Feb 10 and want a quaint church wedding close to the beach. I have found several in South Carolina, but the only option I have come up with in the Destin area, is the one in Seaside. Does anyone know of a place down there? It will be too cold to plan on an outdoor wedding. Is there a chapel in Rosemary?
 
The most beautiful small church in the area is Point Washington UMC. It is an old fashioned small white church that is surrounded by beautiful trees. The people there are great too! (I'm biased.) It's on the bay side of SoWal at the end of 395. Less than 5 minutes to the beach in Seagrove. I don't know what is in Rosemary.
 
I saw a picture of that church. It is beautiful and we are both Methodist, so that would be a great choice. Is there a website that might have some more pictures?
 
I don't think the church has a website. This church is often photographed so maybe SmilingJOe or Kurt has one that they could post.
 
church-3.jpg

PWUMC

http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/pointwashington

If you want to be close to the beach then Carrillon or Seaside would be your choices.

chapel-trees.jpg

Seaside Chapel

http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/seaside

Rosemary Beach doesn't have a chapel but you could probably rent the town hall.
DSCN5302.jpg


http://www.emeraldcoasttours.com/rosemarybeach
 
Phone for Point Washington UMC is (850) 231-4928. The pastor is Rev. Tonya Elmore, and she's awesome. ;-)
 
I do some volunteer work for the United Methodist Church, nationwide, and Point Washington's UMC does not have a website. According to the Alabama/West Florida FUMC Conference website, it is considered Santa Rosa Beach, and not Pt. Washington (for p.o. purposes probably). Good luck.

District: Marianna/Panama City
Building Address:
1290 N County Highway 395
Santa Rosa Beach
State: Fl

Phone: (850) 231-4928
Service Times: 11:15 am
Summer Service Times: 11:15 am
Other Worship Times: 9 am Sunday morning Rev. Tonya Elmore
Sunday School Times: 10:15 am
Mailing Address:
1290 N. County Highway 395
Santa Rosa Beach Fl, 32459-5908
Email: pwumc@gnt.net
Website:
Directions:
Approximately 20 miles east of destin, or 20 miles west of Panama City on Highway 98, you will come to County Highway 395 (Seagrove, Seaside, Eden State Park); at the intersection of 98 and 395, turn north toward Eden State Park, travel approximately 2 miles and the church will be on the right directly across from the entrance to the Park.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top