• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

question about plant

New posts

Kurt

Admin
NoHall, Christian, someone else?

Is this a dune bean or did someone drop a pole bean on their way to the gulf? :idontno:

070830-watersound-059.jpg


070830-watersound-060.jpg


070830-watersound-061.jpg
 
I have seen them growing wild around here every since Opal. But then again I found a bunch of plants after that hurricane that I had never seen here so....
 
My first thought is that it looks like Kudzu to me. (And yes, Kudzu is in the legume family.) Beyond that, I can't really tell from here...sorry!
 
Last edited:
Did you take the photo at the adjacent property to the east of the CR83 access? That guy planted similar vines covering the sand in front of his uncovered seawall.
 
Did you take the photo at the adjacent property to the east of the CR83 access? That guy planted similar vines covering the sand in front of his uncovered seawall.

Yep, that is the same plant.
 
http://www.floridata.com/ref/c/cana_ros.cfm
Beach beans!! but it doesnt grow here according to this article..:idontno:

Just because this isn't it's territory doesn't mean it can't or won't grow here. It's like all the palm trees in Sowal. They are supposed to not be anywhere west of the Apalachicola/St Joe area, but there are a few "natural" ones around the dune lakes and the other ones in developments. The interesting questions is how did they get to WaterSound. If I were guessing, I would say it was birds, but who knows.
 
Last edited:
I can see these blowing in with the hurricane I spoke of, but I tried planting a palm at my house in Pt. Washington but I couldnt water it enough to keep it alive. LOL Guess pines and palms dont mix..
 
Last edited:
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top