• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Question on last-minute rentals

  • Thread starter Thread starter JB
  • Start date Start date
New posts

JB

Beach Fanatic
Say, for example, I called a rental agency on a Thursday telling them I needed a place for the next two nights, what kind of discount could I expect?

I have never tried this before, but one would think a company would offer some kind of discount so the place at least doesn't go un-rented.
 
Say, for example, I called a rental agency on a Thursday telling them I needed a place for the next two nights, what kind of discount could I expect?

I have never tried this before, but one would think a company would offer some kind of discount so the place at least doesn't go un-rented.

It would entirely on the agency and the owner. I know that's not much help, but honest.

I'd say it's worth a toll free call to the agency of choice and see what they can do for you. My guess is you could probably get a sweet deal right now. ;-)
 
One other thing. Although they are NOT in the reservation business, the TDC often gets notices from some of the rental agencies that still have availability on major holiday weekends and/or specials, so you could always check with them and see if they know of anything. It's a free call 1-800-822-6877. This might save you some trouble of calling around.
 
You're probably looking at around a 25% discount at max from a rental company. Although for holiday weekends don't expect it. Some companies have desperate owners that will discount to almost anything to get a renter, but generally those aren't the nicest properties. I would also try VRBO, but don't expect as nice an answer as a rental company.
 
.

We have found some VRBOs discount around 15% if booking is made within a week of rental date.


.
 
Bumping this up to get a little more specific. Still don't know dates, but all I need is a small one-bedroom or studio. I plan on spending my days at the state park beach, so it doesn't matter to me where I sleep.

If anyone has anything, or knows of anything I can get reasonably, please reply or PM.

Thanks!
 
log onto www.seagrovebeach.com on line availability and user friendly. See if there is anything available that interests you then call Gary at (800) 443-3146 or 800-seagrove and see if he can discount it for you. Tell him you heard about us on sowal and report back. Good luck!!
 
Bumping this up to get a little more specific. Still don't know dates, but all I need is a small one-bedroom or studio. I plan on spending my days at the state park beach, so it doesn't matter to me where I sleep.

If anyone has anything, or knows of anything I can get reasonably, please reply or PM.

Thanks!

If your wanting to stay in Grayton you may be out of luck, but try www.rivard.net. If staying in the Seagrove area try www.seagrovebeach.com, www.destinresorts.com, and www.garrettrealty.com. Of course you can always kick it back to kurt and use one of their links at the top of any page. ;-)
 
Bumping this up to get a little more specific. Still don't know dates, but all I need is a small one-bedroom or studio. I plan on spending my days at the state park beach, so it doesn't matter to me where I sleep.

If anyone has anything, or knows of anything I can get reasonably, please reply or PM.

Thanks!
Hibiscus?
 
Hibiscus?

Definitely a possibility. I checked VRBO and their are dozens of one-bedrooms and studios at spots like Gulf Place and Village of So. Walton. I just worry about dealing with an individual owner on a last-minute basis.

Hibiscus may be the way to go (provided they have availability).
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top