• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Questions for Sheriff's Candidates

New posts

Johnny Post

Beach Lover
It appears that the race for Walton County Sheriff will continue to be a hot topic for the community, and especially this forum. I think we can all agree that the candidates who have taken time to post introductions and answer questions should be commended for participating in this way.

In reading through the threads on this forum, I have seen several questions posed to the candidates in a "candidate specific" thread (i.e. a candidate's introduction thread with followup questions).

It appears many candidates are not responding to questions under their opponents threads. So in an effort get some consensus, and maybe get the candidates to anwer questions in one location, I opened this thread.

I hope my fellow SoWal posters will put forth questions we want answered, and more importantly I hope the candidates will give us some good, straight answers.
 
The current Sheriff Adm. is heavy on hwy patrol.....How do you feel about neighborhood patrol? Do you think it is necessary to step up neighborhood patrol? And maybe lesson hwy patrol?
 
Working together

Seagrovegirl,

This is a good question and one that I would love to answer. If you have seen my postings detailing my plans including priorities and goals then you know that is specifically what I have planned. One of my main goals is to implement COP, Community Oriented Policing. I want to develop a partnership between the citizens and the sheriff?s office in our fight against crime and our effort to enhance the safety and quality of our communities. We need that partnership to help us to identify and solve community problems. That partnership will help us to build trust between the citizens and the sheriff?s office. As part of the COP program I want to put into operation quarterly town hall style meetings and neighborhood watches throughout the communities in Walton County. Characteristically law enforcement is a reactive business where you react to an event that has occurred and try to solve it or correct it. With the community oriented policing technique where we will spend more time in our communities we will be more proactive and work to prevent those events before they happen. I hope this answers your question and remember to make sure you vote on August 26, 2008 and any vote for TONY CORNMAN will be greatly appreciated.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top