• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Quick Cajun Chili

New posts

drsvelte

Beach Fanatic
I like all kinds of chili - with or without beans, with ground meat or with cubed chuck steak. Its all good! :biggrin:

When I want to make chili fast, I use this product: http://countrystore.tabasco.com/index_category.cfm?tlcatid=2&catid=98. Its widely available in the South and you yankees can mail-order it. Beware - the spicey version really is.

Just add meat, tomatoes, and beans if you like. I always add some additional cumin and Mexene. Chili ready in about 30 minutes. Yum! :biggrin:
 
Sounds good. I'm pretty food savvy, but what's Mexene? This question, as you may know, is coming from someone who lives in a town so small that if you ask for arugula at Publix, they look at you as if you were from another planet.

Thank God Atlanta is nearby.
 
51CDTAWNT6L.jpg
:D
 
Something of a chili head myself.

Like to sometimes mix pork sausage in with the beef (Ground or finely cubed).

Hadn't seen Mexene in years. Didn't know they still made it.:idontno:
 
I highly recommend BRs recipe. I used it to beat out 14 others in a community competition. That being said, I did add some spices but her Prudhomme recipe is GRAYT!
 
I like all kinds of chili - with or without beans, with ground meat or with cubed chuck steak. Its all good! :biggrin:

When I want to make chili fast, I use this product: http://countrystore.tabasco.com/index_category.cfm?tlcatid=2&catid=98. Its widely available in the South and you yankees can mail-order it. Beware - the spicey version really is.

Just add meat, tomatoes, and beans if you like. I always add some additional cumin and Mexene. Chili ready in about 30 minutes. Yum! :biggrin:

we actually have it in our yankee grocery in cincinnati.
 
I highly recommend BRs recipe. I used it to beat out 14 others in a community competition. That being said, I did add some spices but her Prudhomme recipe is GRAYT!
Thanks! Someone here made it for a chili competition and was one of the winners. Like I said on another thread, I have reduced the spice level. My tummy just couldn't take it.
 
All this talk of chili and the forecast for a wintry mix caused me to actually go to the grocery store and buy all the fixin's for chili and cornbread! SoWal.com can be a good influence. :biggrin:
 
All this talk of chili and the forecast for a wintry mix caused me to actually go to the grocery store and buy all the fixin's for chili and cornbread! SoWal.com can be a good influence. :biggrin:


that's not what Ms Seaside says!!1:rofl::floor::funn:
 
I like all kinds of chili - with or without beans, with ground meat or with cubed chuck steak. Its all good! :biggrin:

When I want to make chili fast, I use this product: http://countrystore.tabasco.com/index_category.cfm?tlcatid=2&catid=98. Its widely available in the South and you yankees can mail-order it. Beware - the spicey version really is.

Just add meat, tomatoes, and beans if you like. I always add some additional cumin and Mexene. Chili ready in about 30 minutes. Yum! :biggrin:


Sallys backside needs to make this big time - at least for winter anyway
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top