• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

quick/easy meals while on vacation

New posts

arkiegirl

Beach Lover
I need some suggestions for quick easy meals while on our vacation to Destin--staying where we have a kitchen. You know what I mean.........something that doesnt require a lot of ingredients, quick, cheap, but filling. Certainly dont want to take time away from the beach to cook!! We will do sandwiches, hotdogs, etc but would like to hear any suggestions. thanks
 
Chicken Enchilada Casserole​



Mix together is a very large bowl:



2 cans of chicken (they come in the can)

2 cans of Old El Paso enchilada sauce (mild)

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

1 can cream of celery soup

1 bag of Doritos (broken up)

1 large package of grated cheddar cheese (it comes already grated so you don?t have to do it)



Pour in a 13 X 9 cake pan and bake until bubbly and hot.

Approximately 30-40 minutes.



Serve as is or add sour cream and salsa.



A salad is a good side item.

Can also top with lettuce and tomato.
 
Here's my menu for next week when we're in Seagrove. Maybe it will be a little useful to you.

FRIDAY (arrival day)
Dinner: deli meal picked up from Publix since we're going there anyway to get milk and eggs for the week

SATURDAY
Lunch: tuna fish sandwiches
Dinner: chili Throw a bunch of cans together--beans, tomatoes, etc, and you have a good quick meal. Ice cream for dessert.

SUNDAY
Lunch: yogurt and fruit
Dinner: chicken stir-fry; bought a bottle of stir fry sauce at Trader Joe's and the fresh veggies and chicken breasts will come from Publix

MONDAY
Lunch: leftover chili from Saturday night
Dinner: Pasta and salad

TUESDAY
Lunch: cheese and crackers
Dinner: leftover chicken stir-fry from Sunday night; make fresh rice

WEDNESDAY
Lunch: yogurt or tuna fish sandwich
Dinner: fresh fish, baked potatoes, salad

THURSDAY
Lunch: soup (from a packet) and salad, chips on side
Dinner: out for dinner, let someone else cook tonight!

FRIDAY
Lunch: yogurt and fruit for the trip back home

You'll see I'm making good use of leftovers. I like the idea of cooking once and get twice the meals from it!
 
chips and salsa/margarita

cheese and crackers/wine

hummus and triscuits/wine

peel-and-eat shrimp/beer and wine

veggies and dip/wine
 
jdarg said:
chips and salsa/margarita

cheese and crackers/wine

hummus and triscuits/wine

peel-and-eat shrimp/beer and wine

veggies and dip/wine
Jenay, meant to ask--does this mean you'll be off your no-wine diet next week? :lolabove:
 
jdarg said:
chips and salsa/margarita

cheese and crackers/wine

hummus and triscuits/wine

peel-and-eat shrimp/beer and wine

veggies and dip/wine


Wine? Did you say wine? I forgot to pack that. That's a pretty serious omission! Thanks for the reminder. :oops:
 
Mermaid said:
Wine? Did you say wine? I forgot to pack that. That's a pretty serious omission! Thanks for the reminder. :oops:
I can't believe you have you whole week's menu written out! Unbelievable! :clap_1:
 
steele mama said:
I can't believe you have you whole week's menu written out! Unbelievable! :clap_1:

I've been doing that for years because when I get to the beach my brains fly out the window. (on vacation you know ;-) ). If I have the food planned, no matter how roughly, it saves me the agony of thinking!!! I look at my list and I'm ready to go.
 
peapod1980 said:
Jenay, meant to ask--does this mean you'll be off your no-wine diet next week? :lolabove:

Affirmative.

It will progress something like this::cool: :clap_1: :lol: :razz: :rolling: :lolabove: :funn: :floor: :shock: :blink: :eek:


:sleeping:
 
Mermaid said:
Wine? Did you say wine? I forgot to pack that. That's a pretty serious omission! Thanks for the reminder. :oops:
I had it on my grocery list last night, stood in the wine aisle and left emptyhanded. Mr. Pod does not partake, and I wasn't sure if I was supposed to be buying just enough for me, or enough for the mass of us who will be partaking, so I gave up and left with nothing. Actually, I wanted to go to Trader Joe's before leaving, but that's not looking too good. And Sueshore still has not shown up to help me pack. What to do, what to do...
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top