• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Rain?

New posts

groveral

Beach Lover
Have we had any decent rainfall since the fires from a couple of weeks ago? Thanks---can't wait to get down in a couple more weeks!:lolabove:
 
No. We had a quick shower late in the week of the fires, and a tiny rain last night. The two, together, were probably no more than a 1/4 inch at best. So, in the last 2.5- 3 months, that is all we've had. Extremely dry around here, and the grass doesn't grow unless you are watering it, which isn't recommended in a drought, unless you don't want your home to go up in smoke. I seem to recall last year being extremely dry for May and June, and then we got a small rain just prior to July 4.
 
Last edited:
Same here in Blue Mountain, a light rain for maybe 15 minutes. Still that is the first rain I have seen in 35 days so I'm happy with what I can get.
 
Took me a while to figure out what the noise was it had been so long since I heard rain!

Lol, I had the same problem- I thought there was something wrong with the Air Conditioning unit.
 
Took me a while to figure out what the noise was it had been so long since I heard rain!

Same here. At first, we thought there was a critter on the roof, or the Air Force was doing somethng, but it was the almost forgotten sound of rain hitting the skylight.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top