• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Ramsgate in Seagrove

New posts

jbucher

Beach Comber
Hi ya'll,
Any comments on Ramsgate in Seagrove? I skipped over this at first because I didn't think it had a pool...but, I've learned that it does share a community pool with Summer's Edge community. I love that the units are directly on the beach. We had settled on San Remo because of pool, hot tub,etc. but would prefer the smaller setting of Ramsgate. I appreciate all the advice I've read on this forum.:clap:
 
Ramsgate is nice and just down from the Eastern Lake outfall which is fun to play in for kids and adults.
http://www.beachbreezerentals.com/ramsgate3.html
http://www.beachbreezerentals.com/ramsgate4.html
http://www.gulffrontrental.com

These are from the beach - http://www.sowal.com/photos-012708.html

This one actually shows the decks:
080125-024.jpg
 
Kurt's photo is from the "Ramsgate" public walkover, just next to the Ramsgate condos. That's the one you would use for all the Summer's Edge and Brown Street rentals I listed in the other thread.

Thanks to Kurt for the tour link. I've walked by Ramsgate a 1000 times but never been inside. The decks, as the photos show, are right above the beach. Just two houses west from Kokomo.

It may be "my" stretch of the beach, but I think it's pretty nice anyway. Not terribly crowded compared to Seaside, etc., except in the height of the summer season when Summers Edge is full. And the lake outfall is only a couple of hundred yards to the east. Always interesting and entertaining.
 
That walkover also serves the owners and guests on the west end of Seabreeze which is a development across 30-a from Ramsgate. Can get a little crowded down there in the summer.
 
That walkover also serves the owners and guests on the west end of Seabreeze which is a development across 30-a from Ramsgate. Can get a little crowded down there in the summer.

I believe you are confusing Ramsgate at Eastern Lake with Ramsgate in the Camp Creek area of Seacrest Beach. I almost mentioned that but I thought they changed their name.
 
I believe you are confusing Ramsgate at Eastern Lake with Ramsgate in the Camp Creek area of Seacrest Beach. I almost mentioned that but I thought they changed their name.

Here's the story...there were originally three Ramsgates in the 30-A area, none of which were related in any way to the others (to the best of my knowledge).

One is in the Eastern Lake area and is the one to which the original post refers.

There was a second one in the Pelican Glide development near Camp Creek Lake. That one recently changed it's name to Two Palms or Three Palms or something like that.

There is a third one right next to Pelican Glide which has not changed it's name and is still called Ramsgate.

So there are now two--one at Eastern Lake, one in Seacrest just east of Camp Creek Lake. Both are gulf front.
 
Hi ya'll,
Any comments on Ramsgate in Seagrove? I skipped over this at first because I didn't think it had a pool...but, I've learned that it does share a community pool with Summer's Edge community. I love that the units are directly on the beach. We had settled on San Remo because of pool, hot tub,etc. but would prefer the smaller setting of Ramsgate. I appreciate all the advice I've read on this forum.:clap:

Personal opinion on my part...

Staying in a large condo development like San Remo may be just fine for you. For me, the amenities wouldn't be sufficient to offset the more crowded and hectic aspect of the bigger development. Lots of kids, big parking lot, schlep your stuff up the elevator, etc. That sort of thing instead of "I think I'll slip on my flops, open a beverage, and stroll down to the beach for a bit".

Go for what makes you happy.
 
We stayed at Ramsgate years ago and liked the huge deck overlooking the gulf, and the fact that there were two floors. Our children were young then, and we didn't have to worry about keeping our voices/music way down low after we tucked them in at night, as the bedrooms are upstairs.

It's on a nice stretch of the beach and it's only a short walk to several shops and restaurants.
 
The Ramsgate Condo at Camp Creek is an adorable little complex. My mother used to own the top floor unit (#8) and the view is amazing. The complex is small and intimate, the units are all one bedroom and quite cozy. The only drawback is the construction.....not much privacy with thin walls.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top