• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Random SOWAL ramblings

New posts
We made a SOWAL run last weekend, last minute accomodations courtesy of Inlet Beach Dweller ( :clap_1: ). This was my first trip in several months. Here are some thoughts I wanted to share in no particular order:

Fish Out of Water-Dinner there was on par with the best I have ever had in New Orleans as was the service. Sweetbreads as an appetizer and duck (to die for) for entree. Great wine list. Wonderful.

Soap Peddlar-Finally met the lady who brewed up all the nice soap Mrs SkunkApe buys. Super nice entrepeneur selling the goods at West Indies Market. Bought five bars of the stuff.

Rosemary Beach-Retail development coming around. Had breakfast at the new Tapas place (Sweet Olive I think is the name) on opening day. Nice folks, good breakfast fare, REASONABLE PRICES :clap_1:

Blue By Night-The kids who work there (during the daytime conception) always seemed a bit jaded and things didn't seem much different this time. We came in off the beach and had lunch on the patio. It was obvious it was near quitting time-the young lad who had taken my order came out and asked if he could clear my place before I had finished eating. I guess he must have thought I was REALLY dumb and couldn't take a hint, so he began sweeping and ran the broom over my feet! I kinda laughed and asked him if he was in a rush to get out of there and he said "Not really" but allowed that his day was finished as soon he cleaned our table :bang:

Alys-The palms lining 30A look nice, especially at night. I also really think they did a nice job with dune restoration. A hike on the beach showed a snowy white dune and freshly planted sea oats.

Hilton House-At first I kind of thought the place was cool, but now I think it is too odd. There is a silo type thing facing 30A that looks all the world like R2D2's head. I am convinced that the structure will never be finished and perpetually under construction ala the Winchester House in California.

Smiling Joe-I have no idea what he looks like, but wherever we went I saw some guy and wondered if that was him. That is a sport in and of itself :funn:

Prominence-What the HECK is that monstrous pit?! It looks like they are setting up a trap for King Kong. :idontno:

Worst name for a development to date-Has got to be Chateau de Paris!!! Oh, how freakin' cheesy can you get? Can't you just imagine the suits dreaming up a name and thinking they would really connect with the desired demographic with that name :floor:

Amore-Yum, and SOWAL stickers to boot :clap_1:

Spicy Noodle-All I need to say is the waitress told me "Wow, hardly anybody can finish a plate of that" when I was finished :eek:

I could go on, but this is way too much already. Can't wait to come back!
 
Thanks for the review of the Spicy Noodle. You must have had a monster plate of pasta of some sort. The street we stay off of is south of there right across the street from the Spicy Noodle. After viewing the menu last year in the townhouse we rent, I decided then that we would try their food this year when down. Their menu looked great!
 
Loved your review Skunkape! Glad you got so much food in!!!
 
Thanks for your "ramblings" skunkape!

I was especially glad to hear Sweet Olive (?) finally opened.


.
 
you have inspired me...I must post ramblings of my own! What a great week I had!
Your ramblings are excellent!
 
I like your ramblings. I see you too noticed "Chateau de Paris." Isn't that the dopiest thing you ever saw? That wall around it is way too corny for me. Maybe it's going to be a miniature golf place? :roll:
 
Glad you had a great time on your get-away. Enjoyed reading your reviews. You can ramble any time you like.:clap_1:
 
Skunkape, your ramblings are very FUNNY!!! Thanks as I needed a good laugh!!
:clap_1:
And what IS the deal with the CHATEAU DE PARIS thing?!?!??! it is gross!!
Is it a joke??

We need more funnies!! THANKS AGAIN!
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top