• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Ready for Chick-fil-a?

New posts
So a student can't work an hour into his schedule? Other than school and possibly a part time job, what exactly does your son do that is so time consuming he can't sit on a bus?

I'm fairly certain at this point that you are a parent who caves to their child's whining about riding the bus, but that is somehow a reason that nature and common sense should now take a back seat so that you are not inconvenienced? Just what in bloody hell did you do 5 years ago to survive?

Please try making your point without being rude.
 
Won't be long now, before we get the Best Buy, Mercedes dealer, Target, Old Navy, Bed, Bath and Beyond (or did they close?), Auto Zone, Sonic Drive-In, Pep-Boys, Big 10, Sam's Club, Books-a-Gazillion, Cracker Barrel, Chili's, Outback, Olive Garden, Domino's Pizza, Papa John's, Captain D's, Hardee's, Wendy's, Crystal, KFC, Payless Shoes, etc. I cannot wait for SoWal to be like a "real" city. Oh, joy. (sarcasm off)

I do like Chick-fi-let's toasted buttered buns and the breading is good. They will do well in SoWal, though so would McDonald's.

BTW, McDonald's has plenty of stores without drive-thrus -- ever been inside Walmart, or an airport?
 
I realize I was ignorant about drive-thrus. The Walmarts I have been in did not have McDonalds, and I have not flown since the early 1980s.
 
Chik-Fil-A's are good, no kidding. But is there any reason for people who are eagerly awaiting that restaurant to feel deprived? Aren't there already a number of local restaurants that cook a good chicken fillet sandwich? I'm sure that, with a phone call, they would be more than willing to have your order ready to pick up (with an iced or hot tea) on the way to the beach. Some of them may even be open on Sunday.
 
Chik-Fil-A's are good, no kidding. But is there any reason for people who are eagerly awaiting that restaurant to feel deprived? Aren't there already a number of local restaurants that cook a good chicken fillet sandwich? I'm sure that, with a phone call, they would be more than willing to have your order ready to pick up (with an iced or hot tea) on the way to the beach. Some of them may even be open on Sunday.

Nobody can compare with Chick-Fil-A. Nobody
 
For some crazy reason, I only want Chik on Sundays.:idontno:

That is so funny, my daughter and I catch ourselves wanting one on Sundays too.

As far as fast food coming onto 30A, I haven't noticed any fast food joints on old 98 along the beach. I just don't see it happening on 30A. As far as 98, it's going to happen.

And since the healthy eating aspect came into this conversation, why don't we discuss the fact that the elementary schools in Walton County continue to serve pizza, fries, and cake for lunch and call it "healthy".
 
Chik-Fil-A's are good, no kidding. But is there any reason for people who are eagerly awaiting that restaurant to feel deprived? Aren't there already a number of local restaurants that cook a good chicken fillet sandwich? I'm sure that, with a phone call, they would be more than willing to have your order ready to pick up (with an iced or hot tea) on the way to the beach. Some of them may even be open on Sunday.

Prudential is good, no kidding. But is there any reason for people who are eagerly awaiting purchasing property to feel deprived? Aren't there a number of local real estate brokers who know how to assist in buying and selling property?

Ace Hardware is good, no kidding. But is there any reason for people who are eagerly awaiting purchasing home improvement supplies to feel deprived? Aren't there a number of local hardware shops to purchase said goods?

The Wall Street Journal is good, no kidding. But is there any reason for people eagerly awaiting to read about business news to feel deprived? Aren't there a number of means to obtain news without selling New York papers here?

The United Methodist Church is good, no kidding. But is there any reason for people eagerly awaiting to worship feel deprived? Aren't there a number of houses of worship that would eargerly welcome newcomers?
 
You'll have to excuse me, last poster, I guess I do sound Pollyannaish. And you do make a point. I just have to be a little more diplomatic than most posters, since I'm a member of the media. Just trying to put an idea in people's heads and help out the local restaurants. I'm sure they could use it right now.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top