Spencer said:I'm just curious to hear everyone's opinons on real estate auctions. Do you believe in them? What do you think about the initial fees and buyers premium?
GVM said:The problem with auctions is that many people think an auction will change market fundamentals...which it usually won't. The best way to sell a property is to price it so that it's attractive to a buyer. In today's South Walton market, that means turning the price clock back by about 3 years and get the widest exposure possible, and that's usually by listing with a Realtor. Say what you want about Realtors, but they're the ones with the buyers. Unless you just want to unload a property at any price --- and it's done every day by estates and other circumstances --- I think an auction would be a terrible way to sell property in South Walton under current conditions. Just my opinion.
Spencer said:I'm just curious to hear everyone's opinons on real estate auctions. Do you believe in them? What do you think about the initial fees and buyers premium?
won't bore ya) that works all over. He's known for his audience participations and that's the biggest advantage, in my opinion! He can pull money, out of a rabbitt's ****!:clap_1: :clap_1: :clap_1: Anyone interested, PM me.From what I am seeing and hearing at auctions, there are not 10-15 people bidding. Most of the time, there may be 2-3 bidders, and I know of plenty with one or zero bidders. Are you suggesting that your auctions are different?Spencer said:I've been doing some research on this and have seen a lot of different views. One of the main points the auctioneers are making is that there is no better way to set a price on a property than having 10-15 people competitively bidding against eachother. A property is worth only what someone is willing to pay for it. What's your view on that?