• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Real estate sales compensation

New posts

goofer

Beach Fanatic
Re: Beach Houses For Sale

sj......just for educational purposes, why would it be illegal for a non-agent (unlicensed person ) to receive renumeration if they find the buyer? isn't that like receiving a finders fee which is common in many industries ? it is a common practice in the brokerage industry for people to receive finders fees for putting a deal together, even if they are not registered or associated with a brokerage. if a company wants to sell a division, and i find a buyer and put the transaction together, i will be entitled to a finders fee and would make that plain to the company before i proceeded. of course, i would also have legal representation before starting.
 
Re: Beach Houses For Sale

goofer44 said:
sj......just for educational purposes, why would it be illegal for a non-agent (unlicensed person ) to receive renumeration if they find the buyer? isn't that like receiving a finders fee which is common in many industries ? it is a common practice in the brokerage industry for people to receive finders fees for putting a deal together, even if they are not registered or associated with a brokerage. if a company wants to sell a division, and i find a buyer and put the transaction together, i will be entitled to a finders fee and would make that plain to the company before i proceeded. of course, i would also have legal representation before starting.

Warning!!! Tangent!!!

googer44, you are Sedona, AZ. Awesome! Start another thread somewhere and tell us about it. Maybe post some pics. I would love to take the fam out there for a vacation. I here Sedona is awesome!
 
Re: Beach Houses For Sale

goofer44 said:
sj......just for educational purposes, why would it be illegal for a non-agent (unlicensed person ) to receive renumeration if they find the buyer? isn't that like receiving a finders fee which is common in many industries ? it is a common practice in the brokerage industry for people to receive finders fees for putting a deal together, even if they are not registered or associated with a brokerage. if a company wants to sell a division, and i find a buyer and put the transaction together, i will be entitled to a finders fee and would make that plain to the company before i proceeded. of course, i would also have legal representation before starting.
All your points are valid. But it is still illegal. The RE industry here has a lot of clout with the legislature.
 
Re: Beach Houses For Sale

My understanding is that it is a state law, not federal. Not all states have this restriction, though some others do. Again, just my understanding--I could be wrong.
 
Re: Beach Houses For Sale

Smiling JOe said:
I hope you do not mean that the unlicensed people will be rewarded in a monetary manner, which is highly illegal. I am sure you meant that the non-agents will be rewarded with a sense of goodwill. ;-) Thnaks for posting your prices on your properties.

I have shown Sunsational a few times before you purchased it. It is a very nice property.

Yeah, heavens forbid a non-real estate agent receive compensation for doing the same thing a real estate agent does: connect Buyer A with Seller B. Oh, the horror.
 
Re: Beach Houses For Sale

The Telattorney said:
Yeah, heavens forbid a non-real estate agent receive compensation for doing the same thing a real estate agent does: connect Buyer A with Seller B. Oh, the horror.
I believe attorneys write the laws.
 
Re: Beach Houses For Sale

Korean Houseboy said:
Or legislators. Either way, the ranguage is for sale.
Legislators typically have staffer a staffer attorney writing the bills. As I said, I don't write the laws. I never said that I agreed with all of the laws either, but I do try to follow most of them. If you have a problem with the laws, don't ***** to me about it. Write your congressman.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top