• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Real Estate Statistics

New posts

traderx

Beach Fanatic
Can anyone please post a link to a website which contains home sales statistics for SoWal and Destin? It would be especially interesting to see same home sale statistics.

Thanks much!
 
I'm not aware of any (for public view)...the counties in the panhandle are not as forthcoming with those statistics as some of the cities/counties down south. There may be an odd newspaper story here and there, but nothing that gives you the big picture over time (not a coincidence I'm sure).

Smiling Joe used to post them a while ago, but it costs him quite a bit of time and effort to compile and post.

The FAR posts "FWB and PCB area" statistics on the site below. Even those are suspect:

http://media.floridarealtors.org/statistics/statisticsfull.htm

.
 
Last edited:
I thought the Haas Center out of Pensacola was compiling and releasing that information on a regular basis. Seems like I see it monthly in the Walton Sun.
 
I still compile the stats, just email it to my customers rather than posting it. It is a lot of info for someone to swallow, unless you are a numbers freak, like me.

To my knowledge, there is no public site with the numbers compiled.

Real Trend does publish some basics on a monthly basis. It is often published in the Walton Sun, or you can subscribe to it.

As an FYI, www.Trulia.com is not a good source for real stats. I'm not sure what numbers they use, but they seem very inaccurate. Use with caution. However, Trulia is a good source to see listings.
 
The Haas Center at University of West Florida in Pensacola has done a good job in the past breaking out South Walton Real Estate numbers from Destin.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top