SHELLY
SoWal Insider
I suspect a lot of "listings" are going underground; meaning that since 1 out of every 3 people in the county has a realtor's license and the other 2 know at least 5 people who do, sellers will start to rely on "word of mouth" sales (it saves on having to post signs and blowing up balloons for open houses).
While it's true that a lot of people can afford to keep their properties off the market, and continue paying the carrying costs, they're a little disappointed that the real estate investment they made in 2005 won't be the 20%+ cash cow they had hoped for.
And then there's the pre-construction condo mortgage conundrum yet to come:
Financing the Flip
While it's true that a lot of people can afford to keep their properties off the market, and continue paying the carrying costs, they're a little disappointed that the real estate investment they made in 2005 won't be the 20%+ cash cow they had hoped for.
And then there's the pre-construction condo mortgage conundrum yet to come:
Financing the Flip
I "know" nobody here -- well, over a year ago I got a nice neighborly phone call from someoone that I found out later is a regular poster here -- but hang out here enough and the personalities become pretty clear. I agree this is a great place for real estate info, hurricane freak-out sessions and general info about SoWal. In the lounge, people are silly and funny, and many of the regulars have met each other. There are a few people I plan to look up next time I am up there.