• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Recommendation for Dermatologist/Allergist?

New posts
The best dermatologist in the area is in Panama City Beach, very near Lowe's.

His name is Jon Ward, and I can't say enough good things about him. He has a very well run practice -- he's busy but he still sees you within minutes of your appointment time, they understand how to bill so you never have to get involved with the insurance company for them, and everything is state of the art. He's on the young side, which I like. His # is 233.3376, and he's worth the drive.

As for an allergist, I'd be darn sure I needed an allergist, that it wasn't something a good internist couldn't handle, before I put myself under the care of the Allergy Nazi (think Soup Nazi a la Seinfeld, but with allergy shots, and you have an accurate picture, except that the Soup Nazi did not have a 70 year old woman hand-writing out his bills and trying to balance bill his customers at every turn).
 
Dr. Arrowsmith in FWB is very good. Very direct w/a sense of humor and very prompt with appts. - I don't think there are any derms in this immediate area. don't know about allergists.
 
I didn't know about the dermatologist in Panama City Beach. We see Dr. Friedman at White-Wilson in Fort Walton Beach, and we are very pleased. However, getting from SoWal to FWB isn't as easy as it used to be, particularly when you have to be there at a certain time. :wacko: :cuss:

Can't help you with an allergist; mine retired. :chill:
 
Bluewater Bay Dermatology (just over the bridge past Destin Commons) was the only one I could even find in the area! I liked them fine - but their schedule stays slammed.
 
Emerald Coast Dermatology- Dr. Bender. Has office hours at Sacred Heart a few days a month, and there are plans for a new office building across the street. We like him a lot!

If you schedule an appointment, make sure you specify the location, or you could end up in Crestview.
 
This thread was started last summer; any additional recommendations or
comments about the recommended docs from others who have used?
 
I tried Dr. Ward in Panama City on Rapunzel's recommendation and was extremely displeased by the entire experience.

I can't really say anything about Dr. Ward, as after waiting for an available appointment with him, and then another hour in his office, I never saw him or another Doctor, just a PA (who was nice, but not who I drove from Sowal to see).

Not "worth the drive" and not "a well run practice" IMO. I'd say maybe they were having an "off" day, but every aspect of the visit was such a severe Scooterbug thumbs down, I doubt it!
 
I tried Dr. Ward in Panama City on Rapunzel's recommendation and was extremely displeased by the entire experience.

I can't really say anything about Dr. Ward, as after waiting for an available appointment with him, and then another hour in his office, I never saw him or another Doctor, just a PA (who was nice, but not who I drove from Sowal to see).

Not "worth the drive" and not "a well run practice" IMO. I'd say maybe they were having an "off" day, but every aspect of the visit was such a severe Scooterbug thumbs down, I doubt it!


oh no, Mr. IBD is going there next week b/c of Punzys recommendation. hmmmmmmm, what to do???
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top