• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Recommendations for Eye Doctor

New posts

Here4Good

Beach Fanatic
Is anyone willing to recommend their eye doctor? I have been going to one here for a couple of years, and the doctor is probably OK, but the folks who fit your glasses and help you find the right frame are not so great.
 
I think Dr. O'Donnell is awesome!! She takes lots of time to listen to her patients and answer questions and conducts a very thorough eye exam. Her office is on Mac Bayou Rd. just past the hospital.
 
If you need an opthamologist, I highly recommend Dr. Poppell. He is at the Santa Rosa Beach office next to Sacred Heart on Monday and Tuesday, rest of the week he is in Ft Walton. For filling prescriptions I have used Lenscrafters in Ft Walton for quite a few years. They have a 30 day guarantee for the glasses - you can return them for any reason, so they have an incentive to help you choose the right frame the first time around. Once I did return a pair, had it remade and changed the frames. No arguments, they were very pleasant and helpful.
 
It's a bit far since we have other doctors in the area, but I still, and will always until one of us dies, see Dr. Jim Corry at the Eye Center of North Florida in Panama City. :blush: He has been my doctor since I was 12, and he was beginning his practice.

Dr Aker is another great doctor in that practice.

Their optical shop is a bit high, but they are the only ones who have fit me correctly in quite some time.
 
Perhaps what I need is just a new dispenser of eyewear - thanks for the recommendation on Lenscrafters.

Has anyone used the Pearle in Destin?
 
It's a bit far since we have other doctors in the area, but I still, and will always until one of us dies, see Dr. Jim Corry at the Eye Center of North Florida in Panama City. :blush: He has been my doctor since I was 12, and he was beginning his practice.

Dr Aker is another great doctor in that practice.

Their optical shop is a bit high, but they are the only ones who have fit me correctly in quite some time.

I see where they have an office in Panama City Beach now - maybe I will try that one.
 
I see where they have an office in Panama City Beach now - maybe I will try that one.

The doctors rotate at the branch office, but from my experience, they are all good. I don't know how extensive the optical shop at the beach is, if there is one.

Something to think about, which may be a drawback - driving back from PC with your eyes dilated. :shock: I'm pretty much OK getting back to PW, as long as I hang out at Target or the mall for an hour or two. :cool:
 
I can certainly kill an hour or two at Target!
 
Dr Priscilla Fowler, who did her residency at UAB, and was the chief resident there(which means she is outstanding academically and technically). She has been practicing at Sacred Heart for about two years. Rapunz gives her high marks.
 
Dr. Fowler is THE BEST. See another thread for my experience. She has continued to give me the best care after the emergency-like situation was healed...:clap:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top