• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Recycling-bottom line?

New posts
This past year, my little town in Georgia began mandatory recycling. The city provides a recycling container along with our trash one. The WILL NOT pick up our garbage unless the recycling container is also placed beside the road. I believe that the City actually sells the recycling loot, which generates revenue for the city. I was instantly excited, as I have always said that we needed to do more recycling as a family. Several raised serious objections, but I think that it has all worked out!!

I like it!:clap:
 
This past year, my little town in Georgia began mandatory recycling. The city provides a recycling container along with our trash one. The WILL NOT pick up our garbage unless the recycling container is also placed beside the road. I believe that the City actually sells the recycling loot, which generates revenue for the city. I was instantly excited, as I have always said that we needed to do more recycling as a family. Several raised serious objections, but I think that it has all worked out!!

Most cities do, it offsets the cost of the recycling program itself.
 
I'm wondering if anyone has a good organization system going with the recycling they'd like to share. I'm so sick of bottles and butter containers and empty cans and jars being left sitting out everywhere. I put a blue bag garbage can in the pantry, and we have a regular trash. Still, the rinsing and drying and stuff sitting around waiting to be driven to the bins...it's like a clutter bomb and is driving me crazy!
 
I'm wondering if anyone has a good organization system going with the recycling they'd like to share. I'm so sick of bottles and butter containers and empty cans and jars being left sitting out everywhere. I put a blue bag garbage can in the pantry, and we have a regular trash. Still, the rinsing and drying and stuff sitting around waiting to be driven to the bins...it's like a clutter bomb and is driving me crazy!

You hate the Earth:cry:
 
Seriously? Have you seen this yourself? :bang:

Yes...about a year and a half ago. Happened to be at the dump with a trailer load of stuff from my barn in Paxton which included some paint cans that still had paint in them and was directed to a different area to dispose of these. This is where the recycle trailer sorting was taking place and saw the sorting and the bucket loader and the loader going to the regular garbage area. My hubby and I were looking at each other like " did we just see that happen?"
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top