• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

recycling made easy

New posts
I'm using the blue bags for my recyclables, and I've always questioned prisoners going through any garbage -- not so much for the recycling thing, but more so for their ability and time to go through people's bills and credit card application, etc, with the high potential for them to commit, or be an accomplice to, identity theft.

Agreed. Love that shredder!
 
Prisoners do actually sort the stuff. Some have even been caught retrieving credit card offers and other things to take back to their cells to be used for nefarious activities.

Cindy Meadows indicated in the Walton Sun that to continue the recycling program would require a tax increase. Wonder why? Right now the 1% local option sales tax that was passed for the sole purpose of landfill operations shows a massive surplus every year. The BCC and particiapting cities use this windfall for unbudgeted items. So why not quit buying votes with this money and use it to fund the recycling program?

Is it going to be a requirement that the recycling program become self sufficient? Or is it enough just to know that we are doing the right thing and to put forth some of our tax dollars to keep this world a bit healthier a bit longer?
 
Prisoners do actually sort the stuff. Some have even been caught retrieving credit card offers and other things to take back to their cells to be used for nefarious activities.
So you have actual knowledge of this? It's good to hear (well, not the part about the credit card offers :eek: )

Right now the 1% local option sales tax that was passed for the sole purpose of landfill operations shows a massive surplus every year. The BCC and particiapting cities use this windfall for unbudgeted items.
I wondered if there was a surplus. But I gave up trying to deconstruct the county's budget long ago. :bang:
Thanks for posting this. I would be in favor of using that surplus for recycling and for a SoWal transfer station for stuff Waste Management won't pick up. Is it even legal to divert it elsewhere when that one percent is earmarked for trash disposal? :eek:
 
Has anyone heard anything? Some say that the blue bag system is still in use and others are saying that it is no longer. :confused:

Did someone say there is a recycle trailer behind the Watercolor Publix? Can't say I've ever looked back there.
 
and across the street for bay elementary, and on 393 south of 98. not sure of the other locations.

I've seen that one on my treks to Eden (I love it there).

I was hoping that there was one behind Publix since I am already there weekly.
 
Publix now has reusable grocery bags! They are made of some funky material and are just like little tote bags. I think they are $.99 each.

I love the wine bags - they hold 4 bottles easily!
 
Publix now has reusable grocery bags! They are made of some funky material and are just like little tote bags. I think they are $.99 each.

I love the wine bags - they hold 4 bottles easily!


Would that be 4 of the whimp size or 4 of the big dog size?:funn:
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top