• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

red beans and rice

New posts
Pickle Meat from gumbopages:
[FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica]"Pickled pork, or "pickle meat", as it's called in New Orleans, is what some folks consider the quintessential seasoning meat for red beans and rice, as well as other bean dishes. [/FONT]

Never had pickle meat the four years I lived in NOLA.:idontno:

Thanks for the tip.
 
Is it required that you soak the beans or can you just fire them up and just cook them longer? I've always wondered why the soaking was needed. I used to work in a Cajun restaurant and they used a pressure cooker, with no presoak. Anybody know the why?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top