• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Red Fish over 70 pounds!!!!

New posts
I don't want to sound too skeptical, but that sure doesn't look like 70 pounds to me...nice fish though! ;)


44 inch girth 51 inch length 7 reds :floor: over 50 and you must not fish much no story probably over 75 ! my waist is 33 inches and he was 11 inches wider !

EDIT: Someone, (my son) uploaded the wrong photo, HAHA..

Anyway, it's been fixed.
 
Last edited:
44 inch girth 51 inch length 7 reds :floor: over 50 and you must not fish much no story probably over 75 ! my waist is 33 inches and he was 11 inches wider !

EDIT: Someone, (my son) uploaded the wrong photo, HAHA..

Anyway, it's been fixed.

THAT had to be fun to reel in!
 
Okay, that picture looks potentially more like 70 pounds! lol
 
44 inch girth 51 inch length 7 reds :floor: over 50 and you must not fish much no story probably over 75 ! my waist is 33 inches and he was 11 inches wider !

EDIT: Someone, (my son) uploaded the wrong photo, HAHA..

Anyway, it's been fixed.

I have been fishing for almost 60 years, 10 on the surf. I must congratulate you on the catch, I caught one similar last year at night, it appears that you know what you are doing, I respectfully disagree on the weight though, maybe scales would be in order, that way there is no question. Considering the Florida record is around 51 I think and Al record is 40 something, 70 seems like a stretch. If it in fact was 70 you should have had it weighed and certified. I will be down in 2 weeks and hope that I can catch half what you did, you need to share your bait and technique, again, it certainly was a good catch. :cool:
 
Maybe Florida Fish and Game should look at this picture, I thought the legal limit was 27".
He caught a big old bull that is protected because they help breed more. Unless of course his catch was "catch and release"
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top