• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Red Tide?

New posts
How long does Red Tide season last?
 
Mrs. Surf...
 
Last edited:
How long does Red Tide season last?

There is no red tide season. It comes when it wants and leaves when it wants. Down South, toward Sanibel, it is my understanding they have had to deal with it for going on 3 years. We have been fortunate the last few years and have not had to deal wtih it.

Reading the post from Mr. Surf, am I mistaken or did the next day never mention the Red Tide. Said it was the perfect surfing day. But, I also noticed that Walton & Okaloosa County had provided no samples to the state. That's entirely possible.

I have never seen Red Tide last just one day.

Could someone provide the Mr. Surf website please?

Could the person who's eyes watered have simply gotten a little salt water in their eyes?
 
Last edited:
There is no red tide season. It comes when it wants and leaves when it wants. Down South, toward Sanibel, it is my understanding they have had to deal with it for going on 3 years. We have been fortunate the last few years and have not had to deal with it.

Drat. I was afraid you would say that. :doh:

Could someone provide the Mr. Surf website please?

Mr. Surf
 
My husband wasn't in the water. He was on the north side of 30-A, in Gulf Place, in a long-sleeve shirt and a tie, and the discomfort began immediately upon getting out of his car. Red tide was my first thought, but it could have been something in the landscaping.

Perhaps I should make him take me to Amore for lunch and see if it happens again. ;-)
 
OK. I must be confused. I can't find anywhere on that website where there are daily updates. I pressed every link. Could you guide me please?
You betcha.

Go over to the left side in the blue box, and there's a box that says Surf Report, which will take you here.
 
Does anyone know who is responsible for supplying water samples? I am a little freaked out over this because I am asthmatic and Red Tide gives me fits.
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top