• Trouble logging in? Send us a message with your username and/or email address for help.
  • Hello all! We will be performing a website & forum update soon. You may get logged out so now is the time to make sure your email address in your account is correct - go to your account to check it and update it now. Send us a message with your username and/or email address if you need help.

Red Tide?

New posts
Yesterday afternoon, I noticed hints of the itchy throat while at Grayton Beach State Park. I am in Grayton right now, well off the beach, and just got a case of the coughs from the Red Tide, though it was very mild and lasted for only about 30 seconds.

I was coughing a few minutes ago when I was outside, too, and Hop observed that the wind was blowing in from the south. But I was coughing in Georgia, too, so I'm not ready to make any judgments on the cause...

Nevermind. We pulled up to the access at Dune Allen, coughed, looked out, coughed some more, and pulled out. Bleh.
 
Yep, it hit us here at WC. Cough cough...run inside. What a shame...it is a beautiful day! :wave:
 
I just looked up the weather forecast for tomorrow. ESE winds at 10-20 mph. :puke:
I had to close my house up again and turn on the a/c. It's bad in Seagrove today. :cry:
 
I just looked up the weather forecast for tomorrow. ESE winds at 10-20 mph. :puke:
I had to close my house up again and turn on the a/c. It's bad in Seagrove today. :cry:

I was so excited about the weather cooling down. I wanted to open windows. NOOOOOOOo! the Red Tide is terrible in Crystal Beach! Couthing, wheezing, sneezing and soar throat.

Go away Red Tide! Hey, don't anyone know a "go away red tide" tribal dance? We should all try it!!!
 
Yesterday we had lunch at Wild Olives. The waitress was in respiratory distress and the quiet sophistication of a Rosemary Autumn Tide lunch was punctuated by frequent 'hack, ack, cough, uhh-UHHH!':eek:
 
Yesterday we had lunch at Wild Olives. The waitress was in respiratory distress and the quiet sophistication of a Rosemary Autumn Tide lunch was punctuated by frequent 'hack, ack, cough, uhh-UHHH!':eek:

I now live in WaterCougher. Hope it's better today.
 
How long does it usually last? :idontno: Some friends are comin' down Friday for her 40th. :D Maybe I should tell her to bring allergy meds just in case.
 
How long does it usually last? :idontno: Some friends are comin' down Friday for her 40th. :D Maybe I should tell her to bring allergy meds just in case.
No one knows how long it will last. It is here on BMB today, though not very severe. As far as meds are concerned, I haven't found any that really help. Anyone else?
 
New posts


Sign Up for SoWal Newsletter












                               
Back
Top